Chasney01

Hi! I am a new this board. You ladies are so intelligent and knowledgeable. It is nice to find a group of people who, like myself, are interested in longer/healthier hair. Half my family think im nuts because of all my products, vitamins, etc. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I am also writing on behalf of my little cousin who is eleven. She asked me tonight for some hair tips and I thought who better to ask than you guys! Her hair is natural and about neck length. I am not really sure what to tell her since I do not think her mom wants her on vitamins and may not want to spend lots of money on products or spend a whole lot of time washing etc.( They are an on the go family) My own hair is almost bra strap and relaxed. Sorry so long.. Nice to be here!

Hi Chasney01,

Welcome to the board! I'm sure there are a lot of tips you can pick up here for your little cousin. I also probably wouldn't give her that many vitamins either. I think she's sort of young. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Chasney

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
As for your 11 year old cousin she doen't have to take a multitude of pills but her mother may approve of taking a one a day children's multi vitamin or something like that. If she doesn't want to spend a lot of money on products then try and find a good shampoo, conditioner, leave in, hair and scalp creme/oil, wide tooth comb, satin scarf etc for her hair to start her off with, that doesn't have to cost the earth.

I do like a lot of the products from the Organic Root Stimulator line (ORS) but they can be quite pricey, but some of the products can be substitued.

Why don't you create a new thread asking people to help recommend products for your cousin that won't break the bank but at the same time be beneficial to what her hair and scalp needs.

Your own hair sounds lovely. I've got about 4 inches to go till I'm bra strap and can't wait as that will be one goal achieved hopefully by the summer.

What is your hair goal?
Are you on any vitamin regimen?

Hi. Thanks so to both of you for replying! My own hair is just above bra strap. However, it is not as thick as I would like so my goal is to grow out these layers and reach midback. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I will definitely tell my cousins mom about the Organic Root stimulator products and suggest a kids multivitamin. Im sure my cousin will be excited to hear your suggestions! She is more eager to grow her hair out than I am. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I have cut back on some of my vitamins so now I am just taking a multi and some hair nail and skin vitamins by GNC. I would also post my hair type but the strange thing is I have never been able to figure it out.

Welcome!!! almost relaxed brastrap hair huh, I need tips from you! I hope you enjoy this board as much as I do!

Welcome chasney, I'm sure we can learn from you as well, everyone here is very helpful.

welcome, chasney! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i agree that your cousin should stick with the children's multi. that's enough for her growing body to handle. if she is gentle with her hair and keeps it well moisturized (easier to do since she's young and not wearing it down much), it should continue to grow.

adrienne

Back