New member: Step by Step

LisaG

Hi ladies. I'm new. Just cut all of my damaged hair off and I'm looking for a step by step regimen on how I should care for my hair on a weekly basis. I do not have a problem with washing my hair every three or four days. My last touch up was Feb 15 and really want to go as long as I can without one. I want to know when I should hot oil, deep condition, reconstruct condition, condition wash only, protein condition, daily moisterizing, what I should do two days before my touch up and three days after and when I should use that Aophgee stiff stuff. WHEW!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif Oh yeah I have a black rinse in my hair. I like the fact that it makes my very thin hair appear fuller than it is. I would like to know if would I get the same effects from "Hennalucent" and is this better for my hair being that it is sort of natural /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Just got my vits three days ago they are GNC Ultra Nourishair, GNC Ultra EPO, GNC Big 150 B-complex formula ( could not find the B-5 that the Ladies are talking about) and vit E. 400 IU. I am product junkie but I will finish what I have so long as it does not take my hair out. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Well that's it for now. A very big thanks in advance to all. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lisa, welcome to the board. Congrats on taking the first step and cutting off the damaged hair and starting over. Good luck reaching your goals.

Hi LisaG,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You did the right thing by trimming off any damaged hair. You don't need to hold on to them. If you don't have a problem with washing your hair often, that's great. After every wash, you should do a deep conditioning treatment to add moisture. 15-30 minutes with heat is great.

The reconstructor and the protein conditioner are the same thing. This should be done once every 4-6 weeks to maintain the strength of your hair. Try something like Nexxus Keraphix. It's great for regular maintenance. Aphogee is a very potent protein condition, and I usually refrain from using it unless I'm experiencing breakage that I can't get under control.

After every protein treatment, you should follow it up with 15-20 minutes of a good moisturizing conditioner. I also do a protein treatment directly after I have a touch-up. This is a great time to do it, because this is the time the hair shaft is most vulnerable and weak and the protein will help to strengthen it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vitamin B-5 is also known as Pantothenic acid. If you go to GNC, look for it under that name.

I wish you much success on your journey to healthy, long hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hi lisa, and welcome to the board.

my only advice on your regime is to listen to your hair, and keep things simple! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Back