New Member - NEED ADVICE

KeraQueen

Onward & Upwards
Came across this site yesterday, and decided to join straight away!!!! My hair is generally healthy, about 7inches at its longest point. (was about half of that 6 months ago!).

I don't have any problem with getting my hair to this length, but it usually gets a couple of inches longer than this then just stops!!!! IS IT SOMETHING I'M DOING/ NOT DOING?

My routine is as follows:

- relax using elasta QP regular about every 6-7 weeks
- wash once every week using KeraCare hydrating shampoo
- have just started deep conditioning EVERY wash - i use leKair with an egg added and just sit with a plastic cap under a towel for about an hour and a half
- i wrap my hair and use a dryer
- wrap hair after spraying with organic root stimulator olive oil spray if needed.
- i moisturise a little everyday with KeraCare creme conditioner
- and finally, i tong my hair probably every 3-4 days.

I always get complimented on the health of my hair, but it just gets 'stuck' at this certain length.

I am British (Black), so i don't know whether the versions of the products we get here are any different?!
crazy.gif

also, i don't know if the lack of sun has an effect
wink.gif

ADVISE ME PLEASE

Welcome to the forum.
wave.gif

It's good to c another keracare lover, when i intially saw your name i thought keracare, i see y u chose it
smile.gif
and your regimen looks fine, great actually.
Now, speaking for experience, I too believed that my hair got to a certain length and than stopped. This baffled me for years and years to the point where i would cut my hair every summer into the latest short style b/c i was accustomed to it (i still have inklings to do a summer cut
grin.gif
). But truth be told your hair can and will grow as long as you continuously take care of it and treat it with TLC. Here's a pic of me in October 2001.
26533958.jpg

My av is my current length. Trust me, Your hair WILL grow! I can attest to that.

Welcome girl.

I too think your regime is good. Just keep it up. I use the think that my hair wouldn't go further than my shoulders so I got use to it. But when it grew an inch away from my bra strap I saw the light.
grin.gif
Then I went and cut it in layers, go figure
smirk.gif
Your hair will grow just be patient.

I just saw your feature..... if my hair gets to look HALF as healthy as yours, i will feel truly blessed!!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Welcome to the forum.
wave.gif

It's good to c another keracare lover, when i intially saw your name i thought keracare, i see y u chose it
smile.gif
and your regimen looks fine, great actually.
Now, speaking for experience, I too believed that my hair got to a certain length and than stopped. This baffled me for years and years to the point where i would cut my hair every summer into the latest short style b/c i was accustomed to it (i still have inklings to do a summer cut
grin.gif
). But truth be told your hair can and will grow as long as you continuously take care of it and treat it with TLC. Here's a pic of me in October 2001.
26533958.jpg

My av is my current length. Trust me, Your hair WILL grow! I can attest to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang girl I never saw this pic! Was this one of the pics from the lost files? LMAO!

[ QUOTE ]
KeraQueen said:
I just saw your feature..... if my hair gets to look HALF as healthy as yours, i will feel truly blessed!!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks girl! Just stay focused it will get there!

[ QUOTE ]
ChoclatePrincess said:
[ QUOTE ]
KeraQueen said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks girl! Just stay focused it will get there!

[/ QUOTE ]

That message was meant for caramelhonee LOL
blush.gif

BUT i just looked at your pics, and your hair is beautiful too!! love the layered look on you
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
KeraQueen said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks sweetie.
Rose.gif

And you said it yourself, your hair is already healthy AND you get the compliments so all you have to do is keep it up. Don't listen to stylist telling you you need your ends trimmed when you don't. If your ends are not split, they don't need to b clipped (hey, that rhymed...go me, go me
laugh.gif
)

CP - that was at a birthday dinner at the twins house and yes, it is from my lost files collection
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Welcome to the forum KeraQueen. I'm a looooog time fan of KeraCare, so keep using those good products with TLC and you'll get to greater lengths before you know it.

Sorry to hijack the post, but...WHOOOAAAHH, CH!!!
shocked.gif
You've retained an amazing amount of growth since 2001!!! I'm sooo IMPRESSED!!! Keep on doing what you've been doing, cuz it's definitely working!!!
drunk.gif
up.gif
up.gif

Back