New Member ( and bonafide PJ)

Hello Ladies,
I live in Columbus, Georgia and have been lurking for a while and finally decided to join the board. I have gotten some really great hair care tips and product information from the discussions on this board. My hair used to be 2 inches below horizontal bra strap, now it is shoulder length. I have been growing out a short hair cut for 2 years--it is taking longer than usual to grow back to it's original length. I do not use a curling iron and rarely blow dry. My hair is type 4A/B relaxed and I roller set or air dry.
I believe my hair was much healthier when I was a product junkie years ago so I have returned to my old habits and I believe my hair is improving. Also changing from no-lye to lye relaxer has been better for my hair. I am looking forward to being a part of this hair discussion board. /images/graemlins/newbie.gif

/images/graemlins/wave.gif Cherricola!

I enjoy this site as well and the ladies here are nice, helpful, and funny as you've probably found out. Happy posting. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

/images/graemlins/clap.gif Welcome Cherricola! Just stick with this board. These ladies will have your hair in excellent condition with their wealth of information and suggestions.

Welcome to the board, Cherricola. I'm sure with the tips you'll pick up here, your cut will grow out in no time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the board Cherricola /images/graemlins/wave.gif I'm also in Colmbus, GA (Ft Benning). If you need any advice on where to find products, just send me a PM before you go out searching. Being the PJ that I am, I already know what's available here and what you'll have to get from Atlanta or online /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks everyone and thank you Armyqt. Benning was my last assignment before I ETSed. If you know of a good place to get hair done (especially relaxers) let me know. I often go to Country Life on Eberhardt Avenue and Peachtree Natural Foods to purchase natural oils.

Cherricola, there's a great Stylist on Buena Vista Rd in the shopping ctr where Ben's is. That's where I'm going to get my next relaxer. Her name is Erica. She did my mom's hair and she did a great job. I go to Peachtree Natural Foods to get my stuff alos, but I've never heard of Country Life. Where is that?

Armyqt,
Country Life is a combination restaurant/health food store run by Seventh Day Adventists (the food is good). Coming from Ft. Benning you take the Macon Rd exit, go left on Macon Rd. Go up on past the old Sears store (I can't remember how far up) and Eberhardt will be on the right. After tunring right onto Eberhardt, the store/restaurant will be on your left. If you visit the store, be sure to check out the cooking oil section also. I think you will enjoy a visit there.

Welcome. You seem to already know alot about hair care and I look foward from sharing what I know and learning from you. Welcome! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Cherricola,

What a cute name. If you are a PJ, we are going to get along great and you are going to do just fine on THIS board!

I agree with you: Being a PJ has been better for my hair! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Cherricola...being a PJ is the only way to find out what works and doesn't for most of us...so you are in good company!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sweetcocoa said:
Hi Cherricola...being a PJ is the only way to find out what works and doesn't for most of us...so you are in good company!

[/ QUOTE ]

So is that the excuse we're using now? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Juss messin wif ya!

Hi all! I am a new member as well and I, too, have just been lurking. I guess it is time to speak up. My hair is somewhere between 3B and 4A, I haven't completely decided. Anyway, I am seriously considering switching to a lye relaxer. I want to go back to Revlon with lye or try Motions. It seems to be true what everyone is saying about no lye relaxers. For me, it seems like my hair is really underprocessed and dry. I would need a touch up about every 4 to 6 weeks. Years ago, when I had long hair and when I was getting it lye relaxed, I don't remember it being this way. I am only on week 5 with my relaxer right now, but I am wondering if there should be any concern with making the switch. Do I need to worry about the fact that the rest of my hair was relaxed with no lye? Or can I just move right into the relaxer with lye? I have cut off my damaged hair and my first goal was to stop the breaking and excessive shedding. Thanks to you guys, I have already met my first goal!

Back