New Here

Jamiestarr

Hello everyone.It is so great to see other AA women discuss hair care. For the past few weeks, I have been a lurker, & decided to join this site. I am rather shy(even online) so it took a bit to even post this hello.I've had long hair all of my life. All of the women in my mother's familly has long hair & I had two great aunts with knee length hair. My hair is between bra strap & waist length. I am currently growing it back to tailbone. Athough I don't have a relaxer, years of color, blow drying, & styling killed my hair a few times which cause me to have a major cut every other year. My hair has grown from shoulder length to it's current length within a year. The last time I colored it was March 2002. I wash my hair every 3 days using Garnier Fructis Shampoo & conditioner for dry hair & the 3min conditioner. I apply EVOO thruout my hair while it is wet & let it airdry unless I want to wear it straight, then I will blow dry with a huge round brush. Durring the Summer, I will rinse & condition & wear it in a ponytail bun since it is SOOOOO hot where I live. As a protective style I will wear it in a nice victorian bun & some really funky earrings to perk up the look. I haven't really figured out my hair type yet & will post pics as soon as I can take them. Take care.

Hello and welcome!
wave.gif
Your hair sounds pretty and it sure does grow fast. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.
smile.gif

Since you have long hair, I'm sure you could be a help to others on this forum...how have u taken care of your hair over the years? do u use a lot of hair products? We all want our hair as long as yours.
smile.gif

Glad to have you here. As others have said, your hair sounds beautiful,can't wait to actually see it!! Welcome!

Back