New here---starting over again

Tafa01

Hi ladies!I am new here, I am glad to start again with my hair. Very Very seriously this time lol.
Here's my long hair story....I have always had super healthy and fast growing hair without doing anything special, until 6-7 years ago. I have been permed as long as I can remember (maybe 6 or 7years old?) and never paid attention to what I was using. But 7 years ago my hair started breaking for no apparent reason, became dry and brittle. So I cut all and was natural for 4 years. It was hard to take care of my 4b hair as I did not know how to take care of natural hair. I read a little bit here and there, and thought I got it lol. I managed to get to apl in 4 years. Then I decided to perm with the "best" according to some boards. I used phytolaxer. Right while I was relaxing my hair became super dry and hard like straw!! After rinsing and neutralizing, it got worse.
I couldn't even comb it without breakage. I used several detangling stuff I had, nothing worked.
The day after I atempted a deep conditioning with one egg, olive oil and applied a warm towel. My hair became even worse.
I got fedup, took my scissor and cut it all again lol.
So I started over again with micro braids, until now. but I have been cutting my hair every other month because I liked short braids.
unfortunately now my hair is thinning on the front. So I need to stop the braiding thing.
I have decided to start over again, regrow my hairline and keep some lenght.
I have been reading here for days now and I realize all the mistakes I made before. I think I am on the right track now. I will get pictures soon to document my progress.
Thank God for this forum!

Welcome Tafa!

I'm new as well. I've only been on the board for a couple of weeks, and I have to say, in that short period of time I've learned so much.

I can definitely say you've come to the right place for hair growth advice.:grin:

It sounds like you've had quite an ordeal with your hair. How are you styling your hair now since you're giving the braids a break?

Thanks Ms Coco!
I have a wig on when I go out. A syhthetic lace front.
When I am at home my daughter says that I look like a witch with my crazy hair lolol.

:hiya: and :welcome2: to you both!! I'm fairly new here too, and the wealth of knowledge I've gained is miraculous--it has to be, given that I'm steeping an ayurvedic tea right now when 2 months ago I'd have no clue what you're talking about!! :lachen::lachen: Enjoy your hopefully numerous visits, and HHG! (which means Happy Hair Growing :yep:)

Thanks Ms Coco!
I have a wig on when I go out. A syhthetic lace front.
When I am at home my daughter says that I look like a witch with my crazy hair lolol.

Aren't daughters wonderful? Mine just came up to me and started sniffing my hair, turned her nose up, and walked back out of the room.:lachen:

I'm using the Bee Mine Mango Hair Growth Serum (it smells nice, but there is a subtle hint of sulfur in it). You may want to check their site out www.beemineproducts.com

:hiya: and :welcome2: to you both!! I'm fairly new here too, and the wealth of knowledge I've gained is miraculous--it has to be, given that I'm steeping an ayurvedic tea right now when 2 months ago I'd have no clue what you're talking about!! :lachen::lachen: Enjoy your hopefully numerous visits, and HHG! (which means Happy Hair Growing :yep:)

Thanks for the welcome Ronnie! How do you like that ayurvedic tea? I'm trying to learn more about it myself.

Thanks for the welcome Ronnie! How do you like that ayurvedic tea? I'm trying to learn more about it myself.

LOVE IT!! It allows me to clean my hair while in twists without manipulating the hair too much. I think sometime soon I'm going to try to leave them in for longer than 3-4 days, which is my norm. And you can make so many different types: cleansing, conditioning, different powders for different needs. It's awesome, and cheap! :grin: If you haven't already, you should stop by and join the 6 month ayurveda challenge thread. The ladies there are amazing and so helpful! :yep:

LOVE IT!! It allows me to clean my hair while in twists without manipulating the hair too much. I think sometime soon I'm going to try to leave them in for longer than 3-4 days, which is my norm. And you can make so many different types: cleansing, conditioning, different powders for different needs. It's awesome, and cheap! :grin: If you haven't already, you should stop by and join the 6 month ayurveda challenge thread. The ladies there are amazing and so helpful! :yep:

You don't think it's too late for me to join? I would love to give it a try. :yep:

You don't think it's too late for me to join? I would love to give it a try. :yep:

Not too late at all! We just started July 1, last day to sign up is August 1, so you'll get almost the full time frame. :yep: There are so many cool recipes and everything. Hey Tafa01, you should come too!!!:yep::yep:

Thanks so much ladies. I am so excited to be here!
I have already oredered some of the products I have read about. I just hope I won't become a PJ as I already want to try them all!!
I have bought the ors olive oil relaxer, some reconstructing packs, castor oil, coconut oil, silk scarves, roux PC, ACV, silk amino acids....all that within a week:blush:

I've been a member here for some years now but I don't say much. Just wanted to welcome you! You've come to the right place! HHG

Hi! I'm new here too, and I am absolutely 100% certain you're going to learn soooo much more here and get your hair back to being healthy! Good luck!

Welcome sounds like you need a little help check out all the newby threads this is the holy grail of haircare the rest is patience low heatand handle your hair like a newborn when detangling plus moisture moisture moisture VVVVVVVVV READ LINKS BELOW VVVVVVVVVVVVV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy of DSD a/k/a Dontspeakdefeat.
If you are new here, and would like a starting point, this is the best you can find!! It's absolutely complete. http://journals.fotki.com/dontspeakdefeat/newcomer/ Also, I normally wouldn't post a link to someone's album, but DSD is my girl, and her album is excellent! If you have a question, the odds are great that you'll find the answer here. http://public.fotki.com/dontspeakdefeat/

Thank you Camilla, I will check that link for sure!
Thanks again all of you ladies. I really like it here :-)

Back