New* Hair Style Idea for Naturals - Carrie Bradshaw- Pics soon

virtuenow

4 Corner Knot Out for Shoulder length hair!

Two days ago, I flat ironed my hair w/my Chi flat iron. It seemed so dry the first day I wore it out that I contemplated steaming my 4b texture back to its tight coily state. Since I spent so much time straightening my hair, I decided to try something else.

I prepped my new hair do after seeing someone post pics of a full head of small/med bantu knot out. I tried it in a different way- w/specified steps!

Once I arrived at work with my revived hair do-- colleagues complemented and agreed that I look like Carrie Bradshaw hair- from Sex and the City:blush:.

Steps::drunk:
(1) Section hair into 4 quarters-- two in front and two sections in back.

(2) Moisturized each section of hair richly with Elasta QP Mango Butter (I imagine you can use any hair butter). Smooth over hair until you feel hair coming back to life! Focus on the ends of hair.

(3) Add a sealing layer of Extra Virgin Coconut oil (provides shine too!) Comb through hair starting at ends

(4) Twist each section into a knot- twirling hair around itself until you get a tight knot. You can secure knot w/small rubber band, hairpin, or nothing at all--knots hold themselves usually.

(5) Wrap satin scarf around head and let hair set overnight. (For quickie I assume u can also sit under a hair dryer)

(6) *Important* begin to unravel hair in morning -- make sure to piece each individual section apart into many sections. In other words, pull sections of hair out, starting at back. Move your way up through that section, using rat tail of comb or finger, sectioning out pieces of hair. Once done, wisp hair in diff directions and finger through to add fullness (This is done in a similar way you split apart your individual twists apart on a twistout)

* please note, I am a finger comber and try to shift it around to make more full*

About pics: I recently started posting on lhcf and I am having a great deal of trouble posting pics and working w/temporary laptop!:grin:

My camera is not working with this laptop! --So give me a rain check on the pics-- I'm headed to Canada for the rest of the week (Yay)!

Hair looked more defined in person! Excuse the oily face!

Attachments

• Late 08- Mid 09 287.jpg
    Late 08- Mid 09 287.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Late 08- Mid 09 291.jpg
    Late 08- Mid 09 291.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Late 08- Mid 09 292.jpg
    Late 08- Mid 09 292.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 74
I really like your hair. It's so thick and long.

Thanks. I believe this is the longest my hair has ever been. I am doing everything to maintain and keep it going! I wanted to do a bantu knot out for heat free curls. I tried the small bantu knot outs and I looked like a freak. On my last press, the big 4 bantu's worked perfect for the wavy curly look. I'll try to get some better images when the next go around- but I continued this style off and on for about 2 1/2 weeks. I was complimented all the way to the end of the cycle

Back