New growth control

kaytorry

I'm currently transitioning, and my new growth tends to feel drier than the rest of my texturized hair. I'm scared this might cause breakage. I usually spray the new growth with water and aloe vera gel. Does anyone else have the same issue? What would you do about this?

Scurl. I stretched for 16 weeks and could have gone longer. I spray my new growth as needed and my ends also. I seal with some grape seed oil and yummo! I do this on damp cowashed hair. I DC overnite also. But the scurl somehow moisturizes and strengthens without being greasy. HTH!

Moisture, moisture, moisture from the inside and out.

Up your water intake

Moisturize and seal at least once a day.

Start co-washing (shampooing with conditioner, instead of shampoo) at least once a week.

Deep condition at least twice a month.

In the end, I found that once my hair reached a certain smoothness, moisture level - I could mess it up easily my next wash/co-wash. I can't suggest a product. -I've found that oils like Argan, Camellia, Apricot Seed, Sunflower oils work, but Pequi oil works best for my new growth. Whipped butters also work to soften and maintain my new growth also.

I smooth a bit of oil by working in small sections. I'm not looking for greasy hair so light application is key - keeping to my new growth.

Seek to find optimum moisture levels on strong hair and try to maintain that. HTH.

My new growth felt some kinda way last week....very dry.... while the rest of my hair was moisturized, soft and smooth. So, I decided to do a moisture & seal only focusing on my new growth and my hair loved it! :yep:

This is my first time doing a moisture seal on my NG. Normally, I focus on my ends when doing this. I used silken child moisturizer and coconut oil

Back