New growth already??

katie

I got a relaxer exactly 2 days ago.My hair came out perfect.Absolutely perfect.
The problem is I have a very teeny tiny little ridge of new growth already
confused.gif
.I thought it was all in my mind but my boyfriend was touching my hair today and noticed it too.
My hair doesn't feel underprocesed at all.It is quite straight, shiny, bouncy and soft.
Is it possible that this is new growth already??Or could I have been underprocessed a little bit.
I don't know what to think.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

my hair dresser says that sometimes that just happens to be the day that your hair decides to grow the most regardless if you got a relaxer or not. a retouch wont stop your new growth from coming in whenever it wants....and remember hair grows a lil every day not just once a month!

That happened to me after a relaxer I got this summer. It was more like the 3rd or 4th day that I noticed a "ridge", which is something that doesn't usually happen that soon after a relaxer for me.

your hair will grow on average 3 mm a day so in 2/3 days its possibly to have 1/8 an inch of new growth, i guess if your hair is highly textured, your beable to feel that new growth days after a relaxer.

My hair is really acting strange now.I keep feeling more new growth.I measured it today and it is 1/4 inch.This is 3 days after my relaxer.I don't know what to think since it doesn't feel underprocessed at all.
I am not doing anything differently so it just has me puzzled.No new supplements or anything.I even stopped exercising due to exams.
confused.gif

I am 2 weeks post relaxer and I have noticed new growth in my weak hair section I am guess my atylist didnt apply a lot of the relaxer in my hair protecting the weak spot I guess. I am applying S curl on it three times a day along iwth Profective Anti thinning cream to keep it in check but as far as the rest of my hair. Moisturizing it is keeping the new growth in check.

It is totally possibly to grow hair very soon. I used to get newgrowth overnight after I shampooed and applied Profectiv Break-Free on my scalp. I seriously need to start back doing that.
ohwell.gif

Back