New Growth Aid 100% Natural ingredients!

dreysonsmommy2011

While at the beauty supply store I came across this product that I have never seen or heard of called Nu-Gro Hair Gro Spray. So I started reading the ingredients like usual and I was so impressed I bought it:grin: I've been looking for something to replace my MN so I thought that I would give this a try

-The ingredients are: Water, Glycerin, Parsley, Garlic, Irish Moss, Indian Hemp, Rosemary, Nettle, Burdock, Horsetail Coltsfoot, Lemon Verbena, Sage, Myrrh, Coconut Oil, Marigold, Biotin Birch, Lavender Oil, Jojoba Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Fragrance, Paba, B-5, Vitamins E, A, and D, Aloe Vera, Honey, and Avocado Oil.
It says to spray on hair and scalp daily. It kind of smells like WGO to me

Here is a link I found:
http://www.nugrohairproducts.com/m_17.asp?pa=m_17

WOW..those ingredients look really good :yep:

Does the bottle list any preservatives?

Did it cost you $12.99 like it says on the website?

NappyRina

Does the bottle list any preservatives?
Nope, the ingredients that I listed came from the bottle, No preservatives
Did it cost you $12.99 like it says on the website?
It only cost me $6.99 at my local beauty store

thanks for sharing this. do you find it to be moisturizing? I have got to replace this hawaiian silky 14 in 1 miracle worker.....it is just not working for me.

thanks for sharing this. do you find it to be moisturizing? I have got to replace this hawaiian silky 14 in 1 miracle worker.....it is just not working for me.

You're welcome tishee, I just threw away my hawaiin silky 14 in 1 "no" miracle worker(lol) I just put it on my hair as an added leave-in(my hair is airdrying right now), but I'll be able to tell you tomorrow:yep:

It has fragrance and Paba (parabens). Ugh....I don't know about that. But, looks good over all and alot of stuff have those two in it...eventhough some folks stay away from them.

It has fragrance and Paba (parabens). Ugh....I don't know about that. But, looks good over all and alot of stuff have those two in it...eventhough some folks stay away from them.

Yeah, but the two are further down the list so it really doesn't bother me. The way I see the good outweighs the bad....

PABA is not a paraben. It is para-aminobenzoic acid. It is found in vitamin B5. I think it is an old sunscreen.

Hi Trustmelove, but paba is not a paraben. PABA means Paraminobenzoicacid, this is the vitamin/protein that changes gray hair that are not due to old age back to it's natural black color. Perhaps gray hair caused by stress, etc.

Last edited:
You're welcome tishee, I just threw away my hawaiin silky 14 in 1 "no" miracle worker(lol) I just put it on my hair as an added leave-in(my hair is airdrying right now), but I'll be able to tell you tomorrow:yep:

thanks sweetie. I look forward to hearing your review

The ingredients in this sounds really good. If I could find it in a BSS near me, I'd test it out myself. But keep us posted on what you think of it.

Hi Trustmelove, but paba is not a paraben. PABA means Paraminobenzoicacid, this is the vitamin/protein that changes gray hair that are not due to old age back to it's natural black color. Perhaps gray hair caused by stress, etc.

So true..my bad. Well regarding PABA some people who have sensitive skin could be allergic to it..it is sometimes the cause of allergic reactions.

Yea girl that cake was goooodd! :lick:

thanks sweetie. I look forward to hearing your review

Well tishee, It does keep my hair very moisturized. It's more watery than oily(if that makes sense) So far I likes! I said that it the smell reminds me of WGO, but now that I have actually used it...it's doesn't smell as strong as the Wild Growth oil

Well I bought the one with oil(I didn't know they made one without it), but the consistency is more like water not oily

I envy you; that the formula I fell in love with. The next purchase (after they had it back in stock) was the one w/out oil and Im still a little undecided on that one. Well, I like it, but just not as much as the one with oil. The one with oil is the shiznit! Whats weird is, both bottles have the same ingredients listed on the back. LCHF'er tried and true, you know I checked the ingredients :lachen:.

Agreed, they're both watery. Kinda like a light Staysoft Fro. The only thing that makes them kinda oily, IMO is the glycerin... but its not real oily. Like if you overspray, it can be greasy, but not oily.

O yea, I used it after I flat iron too. I spray like 2/3 squirst in my hands, rub together, then thru my hair. Wonders for moisture.
Mine smells like KiwiStrawberry.

I envy you; that the formula I fell in love with. The next purchase (after they had it back in stock) was the one w/out oil and Im still a little undecided on that one. Well, I like it, but just not as much as the one with oil. The one with oil is the shiznit! Whats weird is, both bottles have the same ingredients listed on the back. LCHF'er tried and true, you know I checked the ingredients :lachen:.

Agreed, they're both watery. Kinda like a light Staysoft Fro. The only thing that makes them kinda oily, IMO is the glycerin... but its not real oily. Like if you overspray, it can be greasy, but not oily.

O yea, I used it after I flat iron too. I spray like 2/3 squirst in my hands, rub together, then thru my hair. Wonders for moisture.
Mine smells like KiwiStrawberry.

Lotus, Why didn't you tell me about this!Were you keeping this to yourself? :lachen:I love that my hair is staying moisturized because these past few weeks I haven't been able to find a moisturizer that actually worked. Yeah it's not overly oily like MTG. So far I likes:yep:

Lotus, Why didn't you tell me about this!Were you keeping this to yourself? :lachen:I love that my hair is staying moisturized because these past few weeks I haven't been able to find a moisturizer that actually worked. Yeah it's not overly oily like MTG. So far I likes:yep:

LOL! Girl, naw. :bighug:I luvs ya! I tried to 'Ring the Alarm' but when I pulled the string *made a thread*... I heard crickets churpin (lol). I did get a few PMs but thats about it.

I'm glad you found it and it's working for you.

I think alot of ladies that stretch w/really like this product (especially if their hair likes Staysoft Fro or glycerin) if they give it a try.

Looks ok but I have 2 problems with it:

1. Why must the name of the product be spelled incorrectly? Nu-gro...are they for real? Would it have hurt them to spell it New-Grow? No, it wouldn't have.

2. Fragrance is not natural. It can actually be anything the company decides to use and they don't have to give the actual ingredients, just the lame description "fragrance". So that's no go.

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I'm actually making something similar for my hair.

I use this stuff and love it! It's the only spray moisturizer that I use. I have natural 4b hair and this detangles like a dream!!! I buy it directly from the company since no BSS in Iraq:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Girl, how you can manage to have products with no fragrance? I wouldn't even be able to attempt to try and find a regimen that contains no fragrance. I would be an OCD lunatic!

Looks ok but I have 2 problems with it:

1. Why must the name of the product be spelled incorrectly? Nu-gro...are they for real? Would it have hurt them to spell it New-Grow? No, it wouldn't have.

2. Fragrance is not natural. It can actually be anything the company decides to use and they don't have to give the actual ingredients, just the lame description "fragrance". So that's no go.

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I'm actually making something similar for my hair.

It could be spelled wrong because there may be another product on the market with that name.

Back