New growth after just 2 weeks of cornrows...?

I took down my weave install two weeks, two days ago and then had my neighbor install cornrows with my own natural hair. She braided them beautifully and not tight at all nor loose whatsoever. Just PERFECT. I moisturizer my hair every 2-3 days with either my sulfur oil mix and just oil and generously spritzed with rosewater and glycerin in the morning and night.

I know in the past when I had extensions, the cause of 'new growth' was most likely the moisture and oil, however, this is my own hair.

Is this possible and if so, could this be due to the sulfur oil I have been using???

I will detach pictures in a few moments!!! The first one will be of the day after she did them and then the other two (or three) are from today.

image-1170666033.jpg

image-147709886.jpg

image-3981248448.jpg

image-436647186.jpg

image-2904887132.jpg

Sorry if some are blurry. I also tie my hair anytime I am in the house with a satin scarf and a bonnet and sleep on a satin pillow case as well. I try to make sure my hair is protect like its a maximum security jail!

Attachments

• image-2142321913.jpg
    image-2142321913.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 47
  • image-3224696265.jpg
    image-3224696265.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I need to get me some of ur sulfur mix. Are u asking if its possible to have that much growth in that short amount of time? I say anything is possible. Just keep doing what your doing.

Also, it might be the braids loosening up.

I get my hair braided in cornrows for 2 weeks in August when I go on vacation and last year I got a major growth spurt that I think came because of my swimming regimen and that I was taking Hairfinity. This past vacation I didn't get growth as much as I got thickness. I didn't follow my regimen exactly so I think that had something to do with it.

I need to get me some of ur sulfur mix. Are u asking if its possible to have that much growth in that short amount of time? I say anything is possible. Just keep doing what your doing.

Also, it might be the braids loosening up.

Lol yeah I make a batch with many oils using 1-2 scoops of sulphur powder. I asked my neighbor if it was possible so she started massaging my roots and her face lit up!!! She said she will have to redo them. My new growth is wavy and spongy but the braids are still nice n tight.

I get my hair braided in cornrows for 2 weeks in August when I go on vacation and last year I got a major growth spurt that I think came because of my swimming regimen and that I was taking Hairfinity. This past vacation I didn't get growth as much as I got thickness. I didn't follow my regimen exactly so I think that had something to do with it.

Me and the familia usually take vacas to Florida or the islands and that's when my hair shows off. I swear my hair grows so much from just water alone.

Back