new growth after 1 week??

Glamorous_chic

hi all!! i just got some sengalese twist exactly 7 days ago. now, i'm not sure if the braids are slipping out :wallbash: or if my hair really just growing that fast :drunk:. b/c most of my braids have what appears to be close to .25 inch of newgrowth. can this be possible? i dont want to get :grin: about it, if this is normal braid slippage. i havent had braids in forever, so i really dont remember. the braids themselves still look really nice and everyone comments how neat and nice they look, but i was noticing that they are already starting to hang down. i was planning to keep them in for 2 months, but at this rate, these will last for a month maybe a month and a half. btw, i'm taking vitamins and applying bm daily to my scalp.

Yes it's possible I posted the other day I notice 1/8 to 1/4 inch of growth at the root of my braids after only a week.
but my growth was in spots not all over

Well, if the average rate of hair growth is 1/2 an inch a month, you're just a little over the norm! Yup, it's definitely possible :yep:

well, its not a . .25inch all over, but in alot of spots, some are 1/8 inch like you stated. i'm gonna go find that thread that you're talking about. im starting to get excited that once i take these out i'll see some serious progress. **crossing fingers**

definitely possible. I'm relaxed and can usually feel new growth after a week. Happy growing!

Owwww! That's what's up! I was wondering the same thing. For a min I thought that thehair was just underprocessed.

Back