New girl on the block...

Divine Inspiration

Hi Ladies!!
Like many other newbies, I've been lurking for quite some time. Long before I was registered, I would check the board out. I must say, I am so impressed with how warm and genuine everyone is. It's refreshing to find African American women supporting one another, especially when it comes to hair care.
I'm a realxed 4A/B at bra strap. My goal is 2 inches below bra strap when straightened since I avoid heat and can't seem to escape shrinkage. :look:
Nevertheless, I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the commentary on the board, and kudos go to all of you beautiful ladies!!! All of you, short/long, relaxed/natural/transitioning/texturized, healthy/damaged, serve as inspiration because you're making an effort at taking care of yourself...that's always admirable!
So not to type anybody to death, but I wanted to introduce myself and commend the great women here. :)

Welcome to LHCF!! I agree we have some of the most inspirational, helpful AND knowledgeable women of any you'll find. :) I noticed in another post that you have some organic products on the way? Can you share what goodies you ordered? I'm interested in knowing what everyone is trying. :) TIA.

Enchantmt,

Hey girl! Thanks for the welcome! I decided that I wanted to avoid some ingredients (about 8, PM me if you'd like a list and my reasons) in my health & beauty regimen. Anyhoo, on the way is...

*Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner (already have the poo)
*Aubrey Organics GPB (heard GREAT reviews about it & my hair likes protein)
*Jason Biotin Conditioner (co washes, maybe)
*Unrefined shea butter (replenishing a previous supply)
*Giovanni Frizz Be Gone (replacement for shine/sealing serums)
*Giovanni Vitapro Fusion leave-in conditioner (I like to layer leave-ins...first liquid, then cream, lol)
*Giovanni Shine of the Times (shine spray...comparable to oil sheen or a Fantasia IC except it's liquid...probably good for flat ironing)

And here I was thinking that going natural on my products would curb PJism... :nono: not a chance...it's ok though...at least these are good for me & my hair :grin:

Back