** New fotki alert **

:wave: Fotkis are fun, and I wish I would have started mine sooner. Your hair looks beautiful. The Dominican straighter do looks so silky and the rollersets are on point. You're doing a great job!

Very pretty. I see you are in Atlanta. Where did you go for you Dominican Blowout? Looks like they got it so nice a silky.

I went to Magrestiv in Marietta. Have you been there? I used to go to Lilly's and sit there for hours waiting, and now my wait is less than 15 minutes. If you're close to Marietta, and you haven't gone, you definitely need to check them out. Plus the girl that I go to (Liz) isn't as intense with the heat on my scalp, but she still gets the new growth straight.

I love the way your hair falls after the roller set. The front of my hair always looks like a big ole puffy wig after I take the rollers out. How did you set your rollers? Going back? On a diagonal?

I love the way your hair falls after the roller set. The front of my hair always looks like a big ole puffy wig after I take the rollers out. How did you set your rollers? Going back? On a diagonal?

Thanks! You know what? The next day, my hair looked like a big ole puffy wig. Atlanta humidity is no joke!! So, I'm glad I took pictures so you ladies could see it pre-puff.

After seeing Cleve_gyrl's amazing rollersets, she gave me some great tips. So, after washing my hair in the shower, I put on a plastic cap until I was able to work on my hair. I didn't towel dry it at all. Then when I was ready to set it, I applied a little dab of NTM leave in. I did the mohawk part in the middle. I set it with the gray rollers going upwards (like the Dominicans do). After the middle, I just parted my hair any which way, and rolled it (another tip from Cleve_gyrl). She said you don't have to worry about making pretty parts. Which makes sense. My thing is since my hair is so thick, I really have to make sure it's dry before I take out the rollers.

HTH!

I went to Magrestiv in Marietta. Have you been there? I used to go to Lilly's and sit there for hours waiting, and now my wait is less than 15 minutes. If you're close to Marietta, and you haven't gone, you definitely need to check them out. Plus the girl that I go to (Liz) isn't as intense with the heat on my scalp, but she still gets the new growth straight.

I am not near Marietta. I keep hearing everyone talk about a place on jimmy carter behind Chuck E Cheese. I am off tommorow so I may stop by there after my dentist appoinment and just check them out. I will let you know how it goes.

I am not near Marietta. I keep hearing everyone talk about a place on jimmy carter behind Chuck E Cheese. I am off tommorow so I may stop by there after my dentist appoinment and just check them out. I will let you know how it goes.

Did you check them out?

Back