New flatironed length pics

[ QUOTE ]
angiemar718 said:
Beautiful Hair!
smile.gif

Question: How long did it take you to grow it that long?

[/ QUOTE ]

Angie - for most of my adult life, my hair has been bra strap or longer. Last year, I went through an awful ordeal with a bad relaxer (still am recovering) and at the end of the year, I cut off 4-5 inches. What you see in my pictures is what I've gained since December.

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
Very pretty and healthy looking! And I don't know why everyone keeps saying "almost waist length." It looks waist length to me
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was thinking. It is waistlength. Beautiful. Are you going to keep your relaxed ends hairlove? you seem to be doing a great job of maintaining both textures.

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
Very pretty and healthy looking! And I don't know why everyone keeps saying "almost waist length." It looks waist length to me
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah...I would say mid-back length. Not quite waist length. I will have a take a pic showing where my waist is.
smile.gif

Thank you for viewing
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
Thats what I was thinking. It is waistlength. Beautiful. Are you going to keep your relaxed ends hairlove? you seem to be doing a great job of maintaining both textures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You DigitalRain.

I am always a little confused when people ask if I'm going to "keep my relaxed ends." I'm transitioning so my ultimate goal is to get rid of them and be all natural. However, I am not in a rush. I plan to transition AT LEAST another year. Hope that somewhat answers your question.
smile.gif

Hairlove,

Your hair looks great and has grown back SO fast since your big trim
smile.gif
--I can't believe you were able to get those results with your flat iron at home--looks like you stepped straight out of the salon.
smile.gif
You've got skillz.
cool.gif

Hairlove, your pics are great!!! wow, it doesnt look like those scissors ever touched your hair in December
shocked.gif
Excellent growth and so shiny
smile.gif
Your natural hair is gonna look fantastic when you BC in another year, this is a very good long term transition
wink.gif
--- jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!

What type of flat iron do u use? What do u use to curl your ends?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the Jilbere Porcelain Ceramic Flat Iron from Sally's. I paid $35 for it, if I remember correctly. I curled my hair with a Conair Ceramic Big Barrel curling iron. I paid about $17 for it at Target.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! I used to use a Conair big barrel curling iron but I have given up the use of curling irons for my no heat challenge. I have a Conair 4-n-1 iron but it didn't do a good job with straightening my hair, but I don't use it anymore either.

Lovely hair anyway!
smile.gif

Your hair is beautiful hairlove! That shine just about blinded me. Please warn me to put on the sunglasses next time.
cool.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

Aww - you guys are too nice. Thanks for viewing my pictures and for the wonderful compliments!

I guess I wanted to show proof that it *does* grow back! So if you have bad, thin, or split ends - get rid of them b/c your hair WILL grow back but much healthier!
smile.gif

So you haven't had a trim since then, right? If so--that's outstanding, because your ends have stayed in EXCELLENT condition.
smile.gif

No trim, Supergirl. Actually when I did my hair today, I expected to see some nasty ends but they are still in tip top shape. Just geting slightly uneven but only I would probably notice. I am scheduled for a trim in 2 weeks. If only I had taken better care of my hair when relaxed...

[ QUOTE ]
pradalover said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Oh, and I never get tired of seeing your pics!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! Your hair is beautiful!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too - I never get sick of looking at your hair
smile.gif
it's so gorgeous

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. post every update
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

GORGEOUS
clap.gif

all i gotta say is WOWWWW!!! Hairlove, ur hair is sooo beautiful. It reminds me so much of my mother's
smile.gif
. Your album is very inspirational

I LOVE your hair! You are truly an inspiration to me
smile.gif
Now I am happy that I cut my hair. You pixs proves that sometimes a little (or big) cut can really do justice for your hair! Thanks for sharing your pixs!

-lee

Back