New Era Gel 2000 Relaxer

CICI24

Has anyone grown there hair out using this relaxer? Is it drying? I noticed it has an very low PH 6.0, it is supposed to not burn or cause over-processing. It is also heat activated. Any info will help.

It's a thio-based (ammonium thioglycolate - same stuff in curl/wave perms) relaxer - you will not be able to use it if your hair is/has been relaxed with traditional lye or no-lye relaxers.

Oh Okay. I guess I will be scratching that one of my list. Oh well! Thanks for the info Virtuasis.

Actually it's not a thio based relaxer but I would proceed with caution with this product. Make sure your hair is in excellent condition. I used this a while back and it didn't straighten my hair but I did like the curls it gave me. Sadly, this product was too drying for my already dry hair so I am growing this product out from my hair. Good luck.

I used this product back in the day too. I had a jerri curl at the time and this product was supposed to transition me to a relaxer. It didn't burn at all and it left my hair staight for a long time. I don't recall it making my hair dry or anything.

Back