NEW ELASTA QP LINE - YAY OR NAY?

DO YOU LIKE ELASTA QP'S NEW FORMULATION?

• Total voters

taytay86

I noticed Elasta QP changed their product line, and added new things as well.
I'm not sure if this is true for all products, but I notice the ingredients and consistency for DPR 11 have changed - there is now mineral oil in the new one very high on the list, and it's much lighter - doesn't feel like a D.C. anymore, just a regular conditioner. :nono:

Their Soy Oil line has mineral oil very high on the ingredients list too:nono:

I tried the creme conditioning shampoo and love it - I noticed the ingredients are different from the original bottle as well, but I never tried the original formula so I have nothing to compare to.

I haven't been able to get my hands on my beloved mango butter, I hope they didn't mess it up.

Are there any Elasta QP users who are unhappy with the new Olive Oil infused line?

Attachments

• Elasta_Qp_Hair_Care_Products.jpg
    Elasta_Qp_Hair_Care_Products.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 71
  • title_elasta-qp.jpg
    title_elasta-qp.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 68
i didnt vote, cause while i wasnt crazy about their original products, ive gotten a few things here and there that ive used
but ironically, today when i was in the bss i saw the new line and picked up two of the products
i got a creme shampoo and a intense conditioner
i gotta say...just washed out the conditioner...and my hair is feeling pretty silky
ill let you know how i feel about it later, but right now, my hair feels soft and silky
lets see how it dries
:p

I voted yes becaue to me its about the same. I loved the old conditiong shampoo and the mango butter,tried the new formulations and still love them. Hated the old DPR-11, hate the new one too. the old intense was meh, new one meh as well.

I havent tried the soy line yet but the soy conditioners are waiting in my stash to be used. I am pleased with the olive oil. I actually think the new olive oil line is better than the old one.

just used the new "Intense" this evening after my relaxer... I like it. Its didnt do anything spectacular... but then again it didnt mess up my hair either... It was pretty nice. I might use it from time to time.

The mango butter is much creamier now... but I haven't really used it in my hair enough to say whether its better or not... I will say it still smells yummy though :)

Their new Elasta QP Mango Butter really sucks. They just completely watered it down and took away the smell too. Way to cheapen a good quality product!

I have never used the old products but I live by the cream conditioning shampoo. I also like the design silk thermal spray.

I was definitely a QP girl before the new changes. So far, I've tried the QP Recovery and Mango Butter.

For me, the Mango Butter is much creamy compared to the old formula. I think it works much better on my hair.

The Recovery still has MO as the second ingredient...unfortunately. I stopped using the old formula years ago. I picked up the new formula cuz I had a $5 coupon and it had some new ingredients that might have been beneficial. Even with the MO, it performs better now in comparison to the old formula.

I think they should have used Olive Oil as the second ingredient instead of sticking with the MO...especially since they are promoting/marketing Olive Oil in their product line.

I can't notice a difference in the Creme Conditioning Shampoo or Glaze. The new DPR-11 is a keeper for me.

I like the Creme Conditioning Shampoo, the Intense Conditioner and the DPR 11. I do agree that the consistency of the DPR11 has changed. It's not as thick as it was before. I haven't noticed a difference in how my hair reacts to it though. I like the new Intense and Creme Conditioning Shampoo better than the old ones though.

I was definitely a QP girl before the new changes. So far, I've tried the QP Recovery and Mango Butter.

For me, the Mango Butter is much creamy compared to the old formula. I think it works much better on my hair.

The Recovery still has MO as the second ingredient...unfortunately. I stopped using the old formula years ago. I picked up the new formula cuz I had a $5 coupon and it had some new ingredients that might have been beneficial. Even with the MO, it performs better now in comparison to the old formula.

I think they should have used Olive Oil as the second ingredient instead of sticking with the MO...especially since they are promoting/marketing Olive Oil in their product line.

Hummm.....I think it really depends on the other ingredients in the formulation, because Humectress has MO in it (I hate MO) but it works great on my hair....

Last edited:
Hummm.....I think it really depends on the other ingredients in the formulation, because Humectress has MO in it (I hate MO) but it works great on my hair....

I love GVP's Humectress also...MO and all! :lachen: I try not to frown on the MO though cuz the Recovery does work.

Purchased the olive oil mango butter this week but I never tried the original version so I can't really compare. But I'll reserve my verdict on its performance until after I relax friday.

I like the new Mango butter. It provides a shine/sheen to my braidouts and they stay very soft, of course until it poofs and frizzes.

I also like the DPR-11. If left on dry hair it detangles very well, especially when you have to take down hairstyles. It also has pretty good slip.

I haven't tried anything else new from the line. I would like to try the Feels Like Silk and the Glaze again.

I couldn't vote because I have never tried both the old and new formula. I had and still have the old mango butter and I liked it somewhat, it was too greasy and just sat on my hair. But if the new version is creamier, less excessive oil, I may try the new one because it might penetrate more.

Is the new cream shampoo drying at all? I had my eyes on the old version, and now I am dying to find a shampoo that my hair can tolerate once a week.

I hate the new DPR-11! The older version was my staple deep conditioner...if anyone knows of a product similar to the old DPR-11 please let me know. I need a thick based deep conditioner....

Their new mango butter, shampoo, and conditioner are pretty much the same to me...I like all of them!

I must say i actually prefer the new Mango Butter to the old one, it moisturizes my hair and after a night and a long day at work my hair still feels soft and silky.. the old one use to make my hair stiff and smell a bit funny ,like rotten mangoes a few hours after applying it.the Soy Oil conditioner is great if you overlook the fact it contains Mineral Oil ,Paraffinum ,Propylene Glycol and Propylene Glycol Distereate as first 4 ingredients..it detangles like a charm though ...i almost wished i was clueless about chemicals...
DPR 11 is still a very good conditioner although watered down a bit .Its still one of the best out there.

I loved the old IFC, and I still approve of the new one.

I just got some of the new Mango Butter, but I haven't tried it out, yet. I think I avoided the old because it had MO in it, but I'm not sure.

I have products from the original line and I even stock-piled H20 leave-in b/c I adore it. The new line doesn't interest me at all but I plan to use up what I have and just continue to purchase Kenra since they are made by the same (and contain some of the same ingredients from the original line) company.

Back