New diminished Nexxus Humectress?

HappyHairDreams

I don't know if this topic has been discussed before, i searched but I didn't find anything. Has anyone seen/tried the "new" nexxus humectress? the bottle is completely different. They don't say it's a new formula but it feels very different on my hair and the ingredients list is not the same. I don't like it at all. I use it last night to DC with and it was not the same product at all, it left my hair feeling very dry almost as if i didn't used any conditioner at all. Has anyone else had the same experience? Did I just get a bad bottle?

pf_humectress.jpg

new ingredients?
Water (Aqua), Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha-glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxy-dibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Red 33 (Ci 17200).

does anyone have the bottle of the old one for the old ingredients.

Just checked my "old" bottle; ingredients are identical. Maybe it's just a marketing ploy? When I look at the website they have changed their logo, but the product pictures still reflect the "old" bottles and old logo.

Last edited:
new ingredients?
Water (Aqua), Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha-glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxy-dibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Red 33 (Ci 17200).

Girl - I just compared the above to the old version - it seems that the only difference is the packaging...

Oh no!!!!!!
I am going to see if I can find some of the old ones before they're all gone!
That really bites!:sad:

As long as Suave doesn't change its knockoff version I'm good. :cool: Cuz I'm not trying to pay all that money for some conditioner when the $3.99/32oz bottle stuff does wonders for my hair. Not in this economy! :lachen:

new ingredients?

My new bottle doesn't say that :(
My new bottle says:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Ayclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Bis(C13-15 Aikoxy) PG-Amodimethicone, Stearalkonium Chloride, Fragrance, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isostearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Dimethiconol, C014-15 Alcohols, Limonenem Disodium EDTA, Citric Acidm Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, cirtronellol, coumarin, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, sodium chloride, hydrolyzed kertin, panthenol, cocos nuifera (coconut) oil, yellow 5, propylene glycol, red 4, red 33, polyglyceryl-3 distearate, blue 1, polysorbate 60, stear acid, palmitic acid, myristic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, honey extraxt, wheat flour lipids, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, subeay sterols, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, ceramide 3, ethylhexly methoxycinnamate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethance, tocopheryl acetate

Does anyone else's new bottle have this?

Last edited:
new ingredients?

Did you copy these ingredients off the website? If so these are the ingredients from the old bottle. The new bottle list is different.

D@MNIT! That's explains why I saw all of those Nexxus Humectress bottles on sale in Big Lots! :wallbash::wallbash: I didn't know the formula was being changed. I assumed it was just overstock or something. :wallbash:

I bet they're gone now. That was over a month ago! :wallbash:

Did you copy these ingredients off the website? If so these are the ingredients from the old bottle. The new bottle list is different.

Yeah, those ingredients are from the old bottle. I'm reading the back of my old bottle now.

D@MNIT! That's explains why I saw all of those Nexxus Humectress bottles on sale in Big Lots! :wallbash::wallbash: I didn't know the formula was being changed. I assumed it was just overstock or something. :wallbash:

I bet they're gone now. That was over a month ago! :wallbash:

My local grocer has had Emergencee on sale for $6.00 for more than a month - bet that is changing also. Guess I'll finish cleaning them out of it tomorrow, as well as whatever Humectress they have left.

silicones are substances that coat the hair shaft. they can add slip, making the hairs rub against one another with less friction, but many cones are not water soluable, meaning that they can build up on the hair, and over time (if you don't clarify properly), they can block moisture out of the hair shaft.

i noticed the new bottle, but didn't realize that they changed up the formula. i'm on my way to big lots now to pick up the old formula!!

for all humectress lovers, stop by sally's beauty supply, and try the Generic Value Products version of humectress. same ingredients, but with more slip (and a nicer fragrance). the 16 oz bottle is about $6.

silicones are substances that coat the hair shaft. they can add slip, making the hairs rub against one another with less friction, but many cones are not water soluable, meaning that they can build up on the hair, and over time (if you don't clarify properly), they can block moisture out of the hair shaft.
quote]

Thanks for the explanation!

My goodnesss. So much panic. I just used the "new" bottle/formula, whatever Friday and tonight and my hair was just as soft and moisturized as ever.

^^^ The new formula is clearly inferior. The new formula has moved the goodies towards the end and totally removed the glycerin and the castor oil, while pushing a bunch of cones to the top.

In the older formula, the better products are towards the beginning, with fillers and less cones towards the bottom.

While you're hair might feel the same to you, I doubt your hair's long term health (with continued use) would be the same.

Walgreens had Keraphix on sale for 9.99 last night with the orange stickers...They must be changing that too.

Back