New Curlz on the Block (a newbie's introduction)

curly2shoez

I think I have just found my new online addiction.... Hello ladies... Just wanted to do a lil introduction so when you guys see me all over the place you'll know who I am and a lil bit about my hair... I am new to the whole going natural process and journey... I decided to cut off my dead perm after watching numerous videos from the natural hair community on the yt and decided i wanted to be a part of that. I really didn't know what I was getting myself into other than cutting off my hair and making relaxers a thing of the past... When I first did the big chop I felt BLACK... That's not to say I didn't feel black when I was relaxed I just had this "Power To My People" feeling with my little afro... I got some good feed back and I got some BAD feed back especially from my mother and my auntie... My mother would say my head is not shaped for short hair, (mind you my mother rawks an almost fade so her hair is super short) and my auntie would say why don't you do something with your hair? AND I HAD... I washed it, gel'd it, finger combed it and went about my business... I guess the negative comments had me doubting my decision to big chop instead of transitioning. But I couldn't lick and stick my hair back on so I was stuck. So here I am today. Proud of my hair. Learning the proper ways to treat my hair and hopefully grow it back longer and stronger than before. I would like to join in some of the challenges, and definitely read some of your stories, your struggles and your successes... I have seen plenty of pictures to know that me having long healthy hair is a possibility. AND IM DEFINITELY JEALOUS ALREADY LOL... I have added a few pics so you can get an idea where i started and where i am now...

permed...
flatironed.jpg

decision to cut it april 10
hj3.jpg

first cut...
hj2.jpg

dead perm...
hj1.jpg

all gone...
BEFORE.jpg

8 months later...
MYAFRO.jpg

MYAFRO2.jpg

i love my hair... still not sure what hair type...

sorry if my pics are too big...
photo.php

You seem like fun:spinning:! Welcome to the forum and I look forward to your future posts and progress. Love the hair and congrats on the BC

Welcome to the forum! Your hair looks fantastic! Great growth/retention!

Oh, and I LOVE how you did your make up! Especially in the last two pics! Looking good lady! :yep:

Last edited:
Hi New Curlz!! :welcome: Loving your fro!

:look: Now HURRUP and get your butt over to YT and start doing some make up tuts!! :lol:

I loooove the shades you used on your eyes in the first and last pics! :love: Awesome. :yep:

Hi New Curlz!! :welcome: Loving your fro!

:look: Now HURRUP and get your butt over to YT and start doing some make up tuts!! :lol:

I loooove the shades you used on your eyes in the first and last pics! :love: Awesome. :yep:
ITA!!! Oooohhh wee!!! It's fierce!

Love your hair story. Welcome to LHCF; you're gonna loooveee it here!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE WARM WELCOMES AND FOR THE COMPLIMENTS ON MY HAIR AND MAKE UP... ALL OF THIS IS FAIRLY NEW. IM 37 AND JUST STARTED EXPERIMENTING IN COLOR MAKE UP ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. I SPENT THE GREATER PART OF MY LIFE BELIEVING THAT COLOR MAKE UP WAS NOT FOR DARKER COMPLEXION LIKE MINE. I DO HAVE A COUPLE MAKEUP CHALLENGE VIDEOS ON THE YT BUT I WILL DEFINITELY WORK TOWARD DOING MORE... AND WORK MY WAY TO THE MAKEUP FORUMS (AND THE WEIGHT LOSS FORUMS LOL...)

MY YT: YouTube - hoodrathoochiemama's Channel

Back