New Cream of Nature Shampoo Formula

Kayluv

Search engine not working for me...

What are folks thoughts on the new formula of Cream of Nature shampoo. I've read in other places that it's not as good as the original. If so, what are you ladies using in it's place.

Thanks.

Thanks Bachelorette b/c I gave my last bottle to my mom who is just starting her hair journey, not knowing I wouldn't be able to find it anymore.

I didn't like it, when I ordered the OLD version of the CON, they sent me a sample of the new version. My hair felt stripped, with the new version. You can still find some BSS that still sell the Old Version. Im good for the rest of the year with my stash.

Also try texasbeautysupply.com. I don't like the new formulas at all. They went from having no sulfates to having TWO! SLES, the second ingredient. I bought (I kid you not) 250 oz. of the CON green and red labels (125 oz. each). Just got them in today, and I think I should be good for a while....

CON will never see another red cent of my money. They messed up when they changed the formula and pretty much said "screw you" to us old faithful CON users. They must have recieved thousands of emails asking them not to change the formula because we loved CON and didn't want them to add sulfates. They lied and said CON always had sulfates, and anyway their NEW customers like the new formula.

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo is just as good and doesn't contain sulfates. Makes my hair feel like I used conditioner :lick:

I used to use CON long ago when I freshly relaxed my hair again in college after having a texturizer. I remember liking it and my hair did pretty well. This was around 10 yrs. ago.

When I began my haircare health journey last spring, I remember CON and decided to return to it only to find that they had a new look and (consequently, I thought) a new formula. But I bought it anyway. A huge bottle. After a few weeks of using it, I decided to pep it up by adding a generous helping of JBCO and some peppermint EO to it. Its been great.

A few weeks ago while traveling I went to a BSS and stumbled across the old formula (green label) and bought all they had b/c I read on the board how much better the old formula is than the new. To my surprise, the old formula leaves my hair feeling drier (almost stripped?) than the new formula. True, I doctored up the new formula, but once I did it is EXTREMELY moisturizing and stimulating (lurve that peppermint oil) and my go to shampoo.

I say that to say this: don't give up on the new CON just yet. The formula is slightly different but IMO it is better, especially after adding the oils. You might just like it. i love it. Now I have to doctor up all my bottles of the old formula just to try to get the slip I have of the new formula

Back