New Braid Pics

WOW!!! Your hair looks great!!! Is that human hair? It looks so pretty /images/graemlins/wink.gif Where did you buy the hair? I like to try that style in two months. Your braids always look so nice faith. Care to share your regimen?

I must be blind as a bat. I can't see any braids anywhere. No pics, no link, nothing. Help me!

Thanks tonia,

It's actually kanekalon hair. A brand called Afrelle I got from Adrienne. I think she got it at Sally's (help me out Adrienne)? It is the best hait I have ever used..better than even the human ones. It is SOOOO SOFT. I dipped it in hot water then when it was dry I rolled it on my hot rollers (32 sections). The culrs last till I wash again.

My braid regimen is:
Wash 1X a week (getting colder may go to 2X a month)
Oil and moisturize every other day
Preshampoo treatment: coconut oil
Conditioner: Jason's Jojoba conditioner (doing condioner only
washes now..lightest condioner I have found for
my braids)
Moisturizer: glycerin/water mixture (4oz:8 to10oz)
Oil: kemi oyl, WGO
That's it. HTH

Thanks pebbles, hairfanatic, sweetcocoa. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Madison..thanks and yes I do them myself. I was in a town with hardly any black people back in 98 and the one black woman that braided wanted over $100.00 which I wasn't about to dish out so...
P.S. 13 hours isn't bad. My one in May took 17... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Renee, click on the link in my signature

Thanks again ladies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith----Your hair looks great!!!! You've got me actually thinking about putting braids in my hair- Well if I decide to get some braids I should come see you or get Renee's daughter to braid me!!!!! LOL!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You did a great job!

Thanks daviine. How are you doing btw? You have been under the radar lately. How's work, life, hair? /images/graemlins/smile.gif And hey feel free to come up here anytime. I've got plenty of room.

I am fine----I don't post as much becasue I've been really busy and I'm trying to pretend that I'm not obsessed with haircare. Thabks so much for asking.

How have you been? You're in Canada right? How's life treating you?

Faith, Did you use the same kind of hair for your July pictures? That hair and color is so pretty. It looks like human hair. I guess I will be checking out sally's today for Afrelle.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Madison..thanks and yes I do them myself. I was in a town with hardly any black people back in 98 and the one black woman that braided wanted over $100.00 which I wasn't about to dish out so...
P.S. 13 hours isn't bad. My one in May took 17...

[/ QUOTE ]

you know that is how i learned how to braid . i'll never forget when i asked my cousin to braid my hair for my high school graduation and she wanted to charge me 75 dollars . i went in the bathroom and started braiding my own hair and it came out pretty good.. its amazing what you can do when you don't want to shell out the money. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beautiful braids Faith /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tonia, you can't get that hair at Sally's. in fact, i think Sally has THE worst selection of hair of any of the beauty supply stores that i go to. i don't think the one by me even has drawstring ponytails...
traurig058.gif

adrienne

Faith,

Your braids are really beautiful. Every time I see a braided pic I'm tempted to go back and try again. But I'm having just as much fun and success with my braids without extensions. Think of all that money you saved and your job looks just as professional, maybe even more. Keep up the good work. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for all the compliments ladies.

Hey tonia, I replied under another post (Paging the Braidy Bunch).

Back