New BioInfusion Olive Oil Line....

metalkitty

Hi ladies :drunk:, I noticed this new-ish brand at Walgreens in the ethnic section. It seems to be a branch of the regular BioInfusion line (which is a knock off of Biolage I believe and hasn't gotten very good reviews compared to the original) aimed towards more textured hair types.
Anyway, it was on sale this week 2 for 11.99 when they're usually 7.99 each. Of course being the semi pj I am I check out the ingredients in a couple items and end up buying the hair lotion and the deep conditioner since they seemed promising.
So far I've been able to use both and really like them although the juries still out on the deep conditioner since I've only used it once. The lotion is just the right consistency for me ( I have to dilute alot of moisturizers a little to make them more of a light lotion than a creme), seems to moisturize and detangle nicely, and a little goes a long way.
The deep conditioner seems to work well too, it softens and detangles right away and seems to lessen breakage and shedding. Like I said I've only tried it once so I'll see how it performs after a couple more tries. The only thing that irks me about these products so far is the warm cinnamon smell, me no likey :rolleyes:! But it's not too strong.
So has anyone else tried anything from this line?

ETA: Here's a link to the line http://www.walgreens.com/store/ws_view_all_t2.jsp?CATID=304651&navAction=jump
There's a shampoo, deep conditioner, leave- in, wrap foam, moisturizing lotion, serum, sheen spray (not on the site), and moisturizing creme.

Last edited:
I haven't tried this line, but I did see it in Walgreens a few weeks ago. I checked out the ingredients and they seemed pretty good. I didn't want to buy any more products than I already have, so I didn't purchase it. Maybe one day when I finish out some of the million and one products that I already have, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the review.

I was looking at this too and really want to try the Olive Oil Serum. As a matter of fact I will be trying it today.

I bought the Moisturizing Cream and the Foam. I did try the cream and I wasn't too impressed, but I gave both products to my hairstylist to use on his other client's hair. Perhaps it will work for them!

I asked him to let me know if he likes it...

I'll keep you posted!

I have seen this line and was wordering about it
The Hydrating Hair Cream i won't try because it has some no no's in there

Water - Aqua , Soybean Oil - Glycine Soja , Propylene Glycol , Steareth-20 , Petrolatum , Polyquaternium-37 , Steareth-2 , Dimethicone , Fragrance - Parfum , Olive Oil - Olea Europaea , Lanolin Oil , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Trideceth-6 , Cetyl Alcohol , DMDM Hydantoin , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Bee Balm Extract - Monarda Didyma , Carrot Extract - Ducus Carota Sativa , Sunflower Seed Extract - Helianthus Annuus , Wheat Extract - Triticum Vulgare , Blue 1 - CI 42090 , Yellow 5 - CI 19140

if anything i would only use this to seal in a leave in but not alone

now this 1 here

Olive Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment

Water - Aqua , Glycerin , Coconut Oil - Cocos Nucifera , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Soybean Oil - Glycine Soja , Dimethicone , Cetyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth-20 , Wheat Germ Oil , Panthenol , Olive Oil - Olea Europaea , DMDM Hydantoin , Jojoba Oil - Buxus Chinensis , Methylparaben , Hydrolyzed Oat Protein , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , BHA , BHT , Bee Balm Extract - Monarda Didyma , Carrot Extract - Ducus Carota Sativa , Sunflower Seed Extract - Helianthus Annuus , Wheat Extract - Triticum Vulgare , Blue 1 - CI 42090 , Yellow 5 - CI 19140

I would try but this i would look at as a protein

just my 2 cents

motherx2esq- Make sure to let us know how you like it!

Intomyhair- Yeah this line does have a few 'no-no's' in a few of their products but the ones I have so far work pretty well for me personally. I think cones and petroleum can be used in moderation if you remember to clarify regularly and all that good stuff.

I think this is a good opportunity to try this line out with the sale. Even though they're products are pricey for the drugstore they go along way and come in decent sized bottles. But if you ladies have stuff to finish up first, I'd make that a priority so I'm not a pusher for your guy's pjism :grin:, lol!

I tried the lotion, but it did nothing for my hair. I might try the cream since my hair is thick this might work better for me.

I tried the lotion, but it did nothing for my hair. I might try the cream since my hair is thick this might work better for me.

Yeah not everything works for everyone, I know that one all too well! My hair's very pretty picky about things and alot of things recommended on the board are just sorta ho- hum to me. I always give products a few chances though, unless it just plain sucks and messes my hair up on the first try which rarely happens. For the newbies out there, it's important to only try one new thing at a time so you know what works or not for you. Also it really helps to start with hair clear of buildup.
Anyways, I took full advantage over the sale and purchased two more items: so now I have the lotion, leave- in, creme, and deep conditioner. I probably went a bit overboard since the leave in, lotion, and creme have pretty similar ingredients. However I'm really enjoying the lotion and the creme, which is thinner than I thought it's be but works great despite petroleum being on the first third of the ingredients list. I was really liking the lotion but I think the creme's even better. However if you're nervous about products with petroleum/ mineral oil then I'd only use a little on the ends to seal. Anywho, I'm surprised to be really enjoying this line so far though I'm still going to keep an eye on how it works out.

When I first heard of this line I just brushed it off because of some of the ingredients. But recently my hair was just brittle and I was looking for a really good deep conditioner. Walgreens must have been restocking on the cheaper stuff that day so I had to get the deep conditioner @ $8. Luckly I had wonderful results and I want to try the serum as well.

Back