new beginnings

kennylee2013

Hello everyone: I have been lurking on this forum for awhile before posting. My short story: I have been relaxing all my life. In January, I relaxed my hair by a new hairdresser and I have to say her hand did not agree with my hair. My hair started breaking off badly so I braided it for 6 weeks to give it a break. I had no intention of going natural but after having been on this site and others I have decided to transition as my hair was breaking and thinning despite all of my efforts of washing weekly and DC. Long story short, I have as of today decided to do the BC......something I would not have dreamed I would be doing but I am getting very frustrated and hate how my hair is looking. So I decided to cut it and wear a wig to work initially until it grows out.........sigh. I have been reading some post and must congratulate you ladies on the wonderful job you are doing on your hair.

I hope I am posting in the right forum

Welcome! Good luck on your new journey! :grin: Have you checked out the wig/weave challenge? You might find some good tips and wig recommendations in there. :yep:

Way to jump in there head first! You'll be happy in the end that you didn't waste several months being so frustrated and self-conscious about your hair because of the damage. Better just to get a fresh start. I'm happy the ladies on here inspired you to do the BC. In turn you inspire us as well.

Good luck and welcome!

Back