New and different varieties of Sunsilk products?

Here's a copy of the response I received today from my earlier email to the company:

"Hi Alisa,

Thanks for visiting our site!

Sunsilk has been customized to meet the specific hair problems of women in part of the world. In developing the specific collections for the U.S., we took key learnings from our international counterparts, but we also spoke to more than 10,000 women in the U.S. to get an understanding of their most important hair problems. The U.S. product line-up was developed based on the results of those learnings.

You may be pleased to know that other consumers have asked for similar products to be introduced in the U.S. as well. Consumer comments are taken into consideration when planning changes to existing products, as well as introducing of new products. We will share your comments with the Brand Manager.

Thanks for your interest!
Your friends at Sunsilk

MM"

I think we could actually get the product here if we hit them with just 9,998 more emails. :lol:

Ms Kraft said:
Here's a copy of the response I received today from my earlier email to the company:

"Hi Alisa,

Thanks for visiting our site!

Sunsilk has been customized to meet the specific hair problems of women in part of the world. In developing the specific collections for the U.S., we took key learnings from our international counterparts, but we also spoke to more than 10,000 women in the U.S. to get an understanding of their most important hair problems. The U.S. product line-up was developed based on the results of those learnings.

You may be pleased to know that other consumers have asked for similar products to be introduced in the U.S. as well. Consumer comments are taken into consideration when planning changes to existing products, as well as introducing of new products. We will share your comments with the Brand Manager.

Thanks for your interest!
Your friends at Sunsilk

MM"

I think we could actually get the product here if we hit them with just 9,998 more emails. :lol:

Have you all looked at the stuff Sunsilk has in the US? They have 5 different categories of products and each one has a shampoo, conditioner, and a 24/7 creme for daily use. The categories are:

Dry = Hydra TLK
The Hydra TLC Collection from Sunsilkâ„¢ comes pumped up with Nutri-Keratin, a rich blend of amino acids that will soothe, smooth, and nurture your needy mane. The relaxing scent of roses, violets, and fresh apple last from the morning shower until bedtime. This also comes in a Multi-Symptom Hair Masque

Kinky (me, me, meee!) = Straighten Up
The Sunsilk™ Straighten-Up formula moderates the kinks with Elastyn-E, a vitamin-elastin blend that appeases kinks and waves. This easy three-part system means you’ll have sleek and refined hair in no time.

Frizzy = De-Frizz
The Sunsilk™ De-Frizz Collection tames the runaway strands, giving you well-behaved curls and waves. Cool Aloe-E—that’s a combo of aloe vera, algae extract, and vitamin E—will have those fly-aways shaped up and shipped out in no time!

Poofy = Anti-Poof
The first hair care system designed specifically for poofy hair, Sunsilk™ Anti-Poof products are rich with jojoba oil, an ingredient strong enough to banish out-of-control bushiness without weighing down your hair’s natural bounce.

Flat = Anti-Flat
The oomph revolution starts with the Sunsilk™ Anti-Flat Collection. Hair gets plumped with Collagen C, a combination of collagens and proteins that will have your locks pepped up and bouncy before you’ve had your morning coffee.

No Major Issues Shampoo and Conditioner
Sunsilkâ„¢ No Major Issues cares for your easy-to-maintain hair. Water-lily and ginseng extracts keep your hair looking and feeling just right.

I wonder how comparable are the ingredients to what they produce elsewhere? And I wonder if they surveyed 10,000 women in the US how many of them had our hair types? I used the Straighten Up conditioner and right now I'm thinking I may never have to relax again! (I've been raving about this all week - sorry if you have been subjected to reading about me and Straighten up like a broken record - but I love it!!!)

There are pics in my album of my results. I'm going to see what happens when I wash it again later tonight because I'm sure it'll revert. That'll be a good thing so you all can see what I was working with before.

Going to send my email to Sunsilk....

Last edited:
texasqt said:
Have you all looked at the stuff Sunsilk has in the US? They have 5 different categories of products and each one has a shampoo, conditioner, and a 24/7 creme for daily use. The categories are:
Dry = Hydra TLK
Kinky (me, me, meee!) = Straighten Up
Frizzy = De-Frizz
Poofy = Anti-Poof
Flat = Anti-Flat
I wonder how comparable are the ingredients to what they produce elsewhere? And I wonder if they surveyed 10,000 women in the US how many of them had our hair types? I used the Straighten Up conditioner and right now I'm thinking I may never have to relax again! (I've been raving about this all week - sorry if you have been subjected to reading about me and Straighten up like a broken record - but I love it!!!)

There are pics in my album of my results. I'm going to see what happens when I wash it again later tonight because I'm sure it'll revert. That'll be a good thing so you all can see what I was working with before.

Tootles!

Straighten Up 24/7 is my favorite out of the entire line. I use it while my hair is still sopping wet after washing. My hair is really nice afterwards. I can't use it on dry hair, though, so I don't use it daily. How do you use it?

Ms Kraft said:
Straighten Up 24/7 is my favorite out of the entire line. I use it while my hair is still sopping wet after washing. My hair is really nice afterwards. I can't use it on dry hair, though, so I don't use it daily. How do you use it?

I only used the conditioner during my CO wash on Wednesday. I used Herbal Essences Hello Hydration first and then the straighten up. I have yet to use the rest but getting what I got from just the conditioner - I'm SOLD!!!

texasqt said:
I only used the conditioner during my CO wash on Wednesday. I used Herbal Essences Hello Hydration first and then the straighten up. I have yet to use the rest but getting what I got from just the conditioner - I'm SOLD!!!

This is too funny, because I use Hello Hydration for my co-wash first, too! Great minds think a like. :D

Back