Never DUST, never TRIM. Who?

delta_gyrl said:
There's a chart somewhere of what split ends look like. It changed my life b/c I thought dry, crunchy ends meant they were split.
Can you speak more on this? How to tell the difference.

i haven't had a trim since i think oct or nov of 05... the last time i had a blowout, the guy tried to tell me that i had a lot of breakage, but that was bs, i would have known that... what i DID have was natural layers when i guess he wanted to see all one length...

maybe i'll trim at the end of this year... maybe not... as long as i keep doing what i'm doing, i don't see the need...

OnAHairQuest said:

here is an example of a split end :

splitends.jpg

you search through and look for this. imo i think its better when your hair is wet, they are easier to find. when your hair is dry and seems frazzled at the ends sometimes the good ends can be confused for splits, so be careful.

OnAHairQuest said:

Here is the split end chart that got from one of the ladies on another hair board. I think it's pretty handy, because it shows the many different kinds of split ends that hair can have. HTH

Attachments

• SpltEndChart21.jpg
    SpltEndChart21.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
SvelteVelvet said:
She probably did it too but I wasn't talking about her. There was another one, I believe she wore buns (PRO.styles) for that same amount of time too. I believe I may have saved her fotki as a favorite, it was so inspirational.

ItsMeMe..about the braids, not necessarily. I just came out of micros and when I got my touch-up my hairdresser tried to feed me that same mantra, 'you just came out of braids you need a trim' I kept those bad boys moist for the most part, I studied my ends front and back right and front of her to see and show her I had no splits, my ends were just fine after my braids and she had to agree because I could look at my own ends with my naked eye, she couldn't tell me she saw something different. So I don't think that's a 'rule'. If you need a trim, you need one, but I don't believe braids create split ends.

I think you are talking about Babygurl. Not sure if that's exactly how you spell her screen name but I think that's who you're referring to.

itsmeme said:
Would any of u ladies agree that after taking braids down that there needs to be a trim? We all know that braids make your hair grow but in da process it splits ends,even more so with like micros and other braids that are meant to stay up a while.

Not necessarily. I've only had braid with extensions once, and I kept them well moisturized. They were in for 6wks when I had back surgery, and when they were taken down we washed, and did a good DC. When we checked the ends they were fine, and I didn't need a trim.

SqrpioQutie said:
i haven't had a trim since i think oct or nov of 05... the last time i had a blowout, the guy tried to tell me that i had a lot of breakage, but that was bs, i would have known that... what i DID have was natural layers when i guess he wanted to see all one length...

maybe i'll trim at the end of this year... maybe not... as long as i keep doing what i'm doing, i don't see the need...

Alrighty then.:look: Scissors down for moi! If you, SqrpioQutie, can go that long without trimming and still retain all that hair (i mean from twa to past SL), this sista can lay the scissors down.:lol: Ain't no need....ain't no need...

I'm convinced....slowly backing away from clippers.....

nvybeauty said:
Alrighty then.:look: Scissors down for moi! If you, SqrpioQutie, can go that long without trimming and still retain all that hair (i mean from twa to past SL), this sista can lay the scissors down.:lol: Ain't no need....ain't no need...

I'm convinced....slowly backing away from clippers.....

lol.. it can definitely be done... as long as u take care of your ends, dusting and trimming can be kept to an absolute minimum... :grin:

Cichelle said:
I don't trim. I haven't since I did the big chop in July 2005. I am MBL now, hopefully moving in on WL. My plan is to trim about 6 months after I get to waist length. I don't have split ends, thank goodness. Over the past couple of years I have cut the end off of single strands only if they have an knot that cannot be worked out.

Same here...about 6 months after I hit WL I'll trim, but i never trim

Browndilocks said:
I think you are talking about Babygurl. Not sure if that's exactly how you spell her screen name but I think that's who you're referring to.

Yep! Her growth in 2 years was awesome.

Back