Never done a Conditioner wash and I'm scared?

Nice

Never done a Conditioner wash and I\'m scared?

Hey Girls,

I have been a member of this board for a couple of months now. I hear you ladies rave about conditioner washes and how it helped to keep your hair healthy. I would like to try it.

The thing is, I am so afraid to do my own hair. I have been going to the salon for the past 8 years (every week) to wash my hair. I would like to try condtioner washes between my weekly visits but I am afraid of how my hair will turn out
frown.gif

Please ease my fears
poke.gif

Re: Never done a Conditioner wash and I\'m scared?

Hi Nice,
Don't be scared! You sound like my Sis. Is your hair relaxed?
Can you put it in a bun or roller set or braid/twist it?

Nice, don't be afraid. I went through salon withdrawal too. It's frightening, but don't do anything drastic.

I recommend, going to a salon for touch ups. My hair was really long and it was impossible to apply my touch ups w/o getting it all over other parts of my hair or just all over the bathroom.

But, try roller sets, like fly said, or braid outs, something simple. Just remember to be very gentle with your hair when it's wet; that's when it's most vulnerable.

Yep, practice doing roller sets. How are you currently wearing your hair?

Dont be scuurrrrd! You will love your hair when you see how SOFT it turns out.

Thanks ladies for all your responses.

I have 4a/b hair that is currently relaxed. I have tried to do my own year in the past but it was so time consuming
mad.gif
and never came out as good as when I go to the salon so I just gave up. I would like to start to do my own hair though (just wash, I would never put a relaxer on my hair myself).

What kind of conditioner to you use for your conditioner washes? and how ofter do you do them?

I do about 2 during the week. I alternate several different conditioners. Right now I like: Pantene R&N, Cholesterol, TCB balancing cond. It will probably change next month.

I just started doing co washes the last couple of month and
I am addicted now I love doing co washes.
The best benefit I think the co washes contributed to the growth spurt I had.
Do be afraid you will love them.
I use Vo5 Sraberries & Cream and Suave Milk & Honey or Garnier Fructis 3min Mask.

I did my first co wash last night and I'm sold. So please don't hesitate you'll be very pleased
grin.gif

i'm debatin on this conditioner wash thing.. i mean do u just wash your hair like normal except with conditioner or what.. me corn-fused... pwease helllppp

why are you scared? have you never washed your hair? if it doesnt come out nice you can shampoo and then condition it if it makes you feel better.

truth,
do it as if you were shampooing only using conditioner. thats what i do

i do co-washes all the time whenever i wash my hair and i noticed a bring difference. soon as i put the conditioner on my hair it makes my hair SO much softer than shampoo and i experienced a big growth spurt. i believe co-washes are healthier for my hair. i use joico k-pak cond as my first conditioner, then i use granier fortifying for dry damaged hair or paul mitchell super charged mositurizer(for deep conditioners).

I used to do them basically everyday (when I was working out more).
Looking to get back into them say 1-2 xs per week.
I love Suave tropical coconut - looking to try this strawberries and cream i've heard much about as well as some of the VO5 ones...

<font color="purple">Natural, you should try it. It smells just like strawberry ice cream for your hair. I have some left over and I'm going to use it for my CO wash.

Nice, I don't think you should be scared of doing a conditioner wash. It's better for your hair than using just a shampoo, which can dry out your hair from the harsh ingredients. Your hair will be much softer, more moisturized, and slips, meaning your comb will glide through without pulling and breaking. So give it a try. A lot of us here do more CO washes 2-3Xs a day, sometimes on a daily basis. You'll really love the results. Toodles </font>

I jus did mah first co wash lastnight.. just to experiement.. GOOD STUFF!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
why are you scared? have you never washed your hair? if it doesnt come out nice you can shampoo and then condition it if it makes you feel better.

truth,
do it as if you were shampooing only using conditioner. thats what i do

[/ QUOTE ]

I am afraid to
1) Do my own hair (have not washed my hair myself in years)
2)My schedule does not permit me to go to the salon any day of the week to fix it if it doesn't come out right.

I guess it is the the CO wash that scares me so much, its what to do with it afterwards.

Maybe I will try it the night before I have a schedule appt at the salon (in case it doesn't come out right, I will only have to walk around one day looking crazy
laugh.gif
)

But I really want to try the CO washes during the week and go to the salon on the weekends.

youve never washed your own hair?? wow
shocked.gif
ive never heard this before. cant you slick it into a bun or put a phony bun on it if you dont know what to do with it?

im no pro at hair stying, but i get sick and tired of making appts for my hair to be done and get sick of relying on people, so i learned to do everything myself a long time ago when i was like 12
smile.gif

Last time that I did my own hair I was like 16. I am 25 now and I go to the salon every week for a wash and set.

I noticed that alot of the ladies on this board wash their hair more that once a week and I wanted to try it, especially if will make my hair healthier (CO washes).

When I did try to do my own hair (years ago), it never came out right.

Back