NEUTRAL HENNA=DRYNESS

Nanyanika

I purchased some over the internet a few weeks ago and plan to use it when i take my cornrows out. My concerns are i read somewhere that henna is drying. What could i use to prevent dryness? and how would i maintain henna treated hair? Thanks in advance

ive heard nothing but good things about henna....i would suggest doing a deep moisturizing treatment after you rinse it all out...

where did you order from?? im looking to get some too!
~T~

Is your hair relaxed because natural henna does not mix well with relaxers ( I read this online somewhere, trying to think of the link for you). PM Allandra or Zanna they both use Hennalucent which is a little milder on your hair. I'm told the bebefits of hennalucent is very good and safe for chemically treated hair.

oh yeah, thats true, simplycee is right....there have been tons of threads on the subject here....do the search function and type in henna....tons of stuff will pop up...i know, cuz i read it all about a month ago!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
simplycee said:
Is your hair relaxed because natural henna does not mix well with relaxers ( I read this online somewhere, trying to think of the link for you). PM Allandra or Zanna they both use Hennalucent which is a little milder on your hair. I'm told the bebefits of hennalucent is very good and safe for chemically treated hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told neutral henna is OK for chemically treated hair.

I did a search online but I could have read it wrong. I'm trying to find the website I read it on. I have hennalucent and plan on using it when I take my braids out. When I get to work tomorrow I will try to pm you with the link I found on natural henna as I was researching this at work, ya know instead of working.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mahalialee4 said:
Add a a tbls. of olive oil to the henna mix. Condition with moisturizer after. Hope this helps. Bonjour

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, add oil to the mix, that will help. I use henna from Lush which is mixed with shea butter, so my hair is never dry. But it's not neutral in color, though.

Back