Neutral Henna Does Exist!!

vkb247

Neutral Henna Does Exist!! No mess and its moisturizing!

I bought some "neutral henna" from mountainroseherbs.com almost a year ago and I just used it for the first time a few weeks ago. It didn't dry out my hair at all, wasn't messy, and didn't stink. I was treating it like it was cassia even though I emailed the company before I bought it and they insisted it was henna. I thought that the were just being dishonest (or just had poor customer care). Since I liked it so much after I used it I emailed them and asked again saying I had a "friend" with allergies who I wanted to recommend the product to and needed to know the ingredients. Here is what they said (after they took some time to look into my question):

Thank you for contacting us here at Mountain Rose Herbs! The neutral Henna is not Cassia obobata, but Lawsonia inermis (henna :yep:). To change
the coloration, or to lessen the orange-tones different parts of the plant are used. The bark of the plant has less coloration than the leaf.
So the neutral Henna, uses more proportionally of the bark to leaf ration, than say, Mahogany or Red.

I really like this product and would highly recommend it to henna lovers and those who want to give it a try.

BTW: I developed it for about 30 min. with some rosemary and sage tea and mixed in a little (maybe a tbsp of each) flaxseed gel and 100% pure aloe vera gel. I only had to rinse twice to get it all out and it was so moisturizing that I didn't have to dc afterwards!

Last edited:
As far as we are aware of and our suppliers in India tell us this, that cassia obovata is an entirely different plant. Even if you do a google search you will find information that shows that each plant is different. Maybe they have a different supplier or interpretation of their products.

Neutral henna is usually cassia obovata in most cases and in most cases of online suppliers who carry that quality of products.

Back