Net Weave!!! I need to know...

xxBlackRosexx

Does this weave look good?

Do you have to leave some of your hair out?

Can i have a middle parting??

If any ladys have had this done, pls share your experience...any photo's would be great !

Thank K

I used to be scared of this, but I really love it! It takes pressure off your real hair, and you can still spritz moisturizer to it(your real hair)! It does look good too. I would post picks, but I don't have a camera to transfer pics(hence why I have not posted progress shots:look:). But, you can also get middle parts!:yep:

I used to be scared of this, but I really love it! It takes pressure off your real hair, and you can still spritz moisturizer to it(your real hair)! It does look good too. I would post picks, but I don't have a camera to transfer pics(hence why I have not posted progress shots:look:). But, you can also get middle parts!:yep:

Hi is there anyway you can email a photo...does it look big - and could i have a middle parting??

I will email you a photo, I have to get it out of the digital camera in my mother's camera. I will post pics there. Pm me with your email address. You can do a side and front part, but cutting the net where you will have the part. It is easier than you think. Also, if you have time to go the book store or drug store, look at the magazine Ultimate weaves and extentions. They have GREAT info, and they helped me out alot!:yep::yep:

Take a look at the weave section on BHM - there is a lot of info on net weaves with links to fotkis.

idk much about net weaves but i did the sew-in thing for 3/4 yrs straight. Each time i left out my edges plus some so that i could pull my hair into a ponytail without having visible tracks. well it started out great. i could part my hair anytime, anyplace. But now im left with CRAZY heat damage on that hair and its broken off horribly. so BEWARE. (pics of weaves and heat damage in my fotki)

Last edited:
I have one in now for the first time done by my stylist and I'm on the fence about it. It's a bit annoying because I can't scratch. I haven't attempted to wash it myself yet. It's only been in 2 weeks. I'm going back to the salon today though to get it washed and blowdried. I don't think I'd do the net again.

None of my hair is out and I have bangs. It can be done with a part if you want some hair out. You just have to leave that part out when you sew the net on. The good thing about the net is that you don't need the synthetic braiding hair added in.

I have one in now for the first time done by my stylist and I'm on the fence about it. It's a bit annoying because I can't scratch. I haven't attempted to wash it myself yet. It's only been in 2 weeks. I'm going back to the salon today though to get it washed and blowdried. I don't think I'd do the net again.

None of my hair is out and I have bangs. It can be done with a part if you want some hair out. You just have to leave that part out when you sew the net on. The good thing about the net is that you don't need the synthetic braiding hair added in.

I got my hair braided in the front, sides and back and wanted the middle section interlocked (crocheted) but couldn't find the right kind of hair. So anyways, my stylist just weaved it, but added the net. I do NOT like this net right now. I cannot scratch because I can't feel my scalp! The reason I wanted the interlocks is because I can easily get to my scalp, but with this, the net seems to be covering it up. Because I just got it done, it's also still very tender, and I wanted to try to put some MT in that area last night, but couldn't do nothing.

As your hair grows out, will the net loosen a bit so that you can reach your scalp? I will not be doing the net thing again.

Any feedback ladies? Does the net smother your scalp? Anyway I can get some oil or moisture to that area?

I just took down my first weave and it was on a net. My moisturizer is a rosewater-NaPCA mix, so I just sprayed it between each track. To shampoo and condition I diluted each in a pointed tip squeeze bottle and applied that way. I assume you could do the same with oil, but I would be too scared of matting and such. I imagine it would be hard to spread the oil around and massage.

As far as the net loosening, the middle did loosen but not the perimeter.
ETA: I had only my side edges and a horseshoe left out.

A net weave is definitely the flatest, smoothest weave you will ever get because the tracks can be placed exactly as/where needed - the stylist isn't restricted by where the braids are.

The net also takes the tension off your own hair and makes combing/brushing the weave easier.

There are different types of net - small holes, big holes, stretchy, not stretchy. You can try to get whatever suits you better but I believe there has been some debate about which gives the best install.

When I had a weave I abandoned my hair except for a few scalp oilings I did with one of those oils in the tube w/ applicator that they sell in the BSS so I can't really speak to moisturizing and things but I don't see why not...

I got my hair braided in the front, sides and back and wanted the middle section interlocked (crocheted) but couldn't find the right kind of hair. So anyways, my stylist just weaved it, but added the net. I do NOT like this net right now. I cannot scratch because I can't feel my scalp! The reason I wanted the interlocks is because I can easily get to my scalp, but with this, the net seems to be covering it up. Because I just got it done, it's also still very tender, and I wanted to try to put some MT in that area last night, but couldn't do nothing.

As your hair grows out, will the net loosen a bit so that you can reach your scalp? I will not be doing the net thing again.

Any feedback ladies? Does the net smother your scalp? Anyway I can get some oil or moisture to that area?

Sorry I'm just seeing this. But no it didn't. I did spray some braid spray in there if I needed it. When I went back to him for a wash, he had the shampoo girl pour some Sea Breeze down in there and let it get to my scalp. And then I got a DC afterward. I mean my scalp didn't get neglected the whole time the weave was in but overall I didn't particularly care for the net. I prefer my weave without.

Back