Negging, Red Flags, "Girl You need to run"... Let's warn our sisters

Let me tell you they start young. When I was 17 I met a guy around the same age through a girlfriend and he and I were talking in front of my apartment building to pass the time while my friend was inside talking to her mom. Anyway, I was telling him that I was leaving for college in another state in a few weeks and mentioned my interest in film/tv production because I had done an internship at Nickelodeon. He said to me, thinking it was a compliment, that he was so impressed with me because most dark skin girls he knew didn't have their act together. Thing is, this boy, dark skin himself, had dropped out of high school and wasn't even doing anything with himself, but I guess that doesn't apply to him. I promptly removed myself from that conversation and recommended to my friend to distance herself from that guy. The absolute nerve.

It's the exact same. Crackers Phinn took you straight to the quote, but if you read the entire thread, it'll make your jaw drop. So much mess, so little time. They've only been married one week thus far!
It feels like 8 years.
~~~~~~~~
I theoretically don't have a problem with sex on the first date (soon after meeting) but I think that the average woman would benefit from withholding sex just to see where things go because men usually tell on themselves sooner rather than later. Meka from the previous season, maynnnn her virginity saved her a whole lot of misery because she would have felt like the biggest fool in the world if she would have gave it up for ole lyin :moon: Michael. He was totally negging her off camera.

It feels like 8 years.
~~~~~~~~
I theoretically don't have a problem with sex on the first date (soon after meeting) but I think that the average woman would benefit from withholding sex just to see where things go because men usually tell on themselves sooner rather than later. Meka from the previous season, maynnnn her virginity saved her a whole lot of misery because she would have felt like the biggest fool in the world if she would have gave it up for ole lyin :moon: Michael. He was totally negging her off camera.

Meka wasn’t a virgin. That was Iris.
But Meka played the MAFS game very well and kept her foot on Michael’s throat and questioned everything

This brings up an important reminder about neg hitting. It’s best to not bother engaging with these men at all. Don’t cuss them out, try to tear them a new one, etc. They are trying to bait you into giving them the time of day. She probably wouldn’t have ever entertained this guy, but since he negged her, there she is in a text argument with him. That’s what they want. A way in.

BINGO. Want to tick a guy off? IGNORE him.

3. "When talking about my savings, he rolled his eyes and said, 'Haha savings, that's cute. What, do you have like, £10k in your little savings account or something?' Yes, yes I did have £10k saved up."
Kinda on/off topic, but I saw someone post the other day beware of people who feel the need to put "lil" in front of your accomplishments when congratulating you.

Sometimes you can't quite put a finger on it, but your gut tells you the person is being shady/dismissive/patronising.... I have an acquaintance who does this to everyone, and when I read that I was like YES! That's what it is, "your litlle promotion", even with a smile and a glass of champagne, hits different than your promotion. People will tell on themselves, even if it's accidentally/on purpose at times.

That exchange always makes me laugh, it's so perfect in so many ways it almost seems fake if you didn't know these types of men were real.

He's wrong on every level :rofl: Men (wrong) of the West (wrong) Christian (wrong) :rofl:

Back