Neem Oil

Any updates on how to cut the smell?

Don't use it by itself is my best advice. I use it in my DC mix, with a healthy tablespoon full of chocolate fragrance oil. I can still smell it, but not as bad. Before I used the perfume oil, my head stank so bad I couldn't sleep....it kept waking me up!

I also put 2tbs in my clarifying shampoo. By the time I condition, and do all the other stuff to my hair, I can't smell the neem anymore. The benefits of neem far outweigh the putrid stink.

I just received my bottle of neem in the mail and I KNEW if I searched here I'd find a thread LOL

Thanks for the info ladies! I had no idea how to use it but I'd read that it was good for skin/hair issues

Whomever said that it stinks up the whole house was telling the TRUTH! My poor hubby feels like I've tortured him. We put neem oil on his scalp, covered with a plastic cap, a satin skull cap and a wool cap overnight. He washed it out this morning and refuses to use the caps, pillowcases and anything else with the smell. LoL

I made a mix of peppermint and lavender oil in a safflower oil base and rubbed that into his scalp. Then I massaged some MT into his scalp and slathered V05 onto his hair. We covered it with a plastic cap hoping it would "bake" into his hair and cover the neem smell.

He won't even let me do it once a month. So now I have a whole bottle of neem oil! I guess I'll have to use it in my landscaping. LoL
Lol

:barf:

Dragging up old threads and bad memories!!! :lol:

Neem. Ugh! Can't be bothered. However...

Its fantastic for fleas on dogs. Mix it in the dog shampoo. They also love to eat it. It will help with gut parasites in dogs too. My former chihuahua loved it! Couldn't keep him away from that stinky behind oil.

Great for dogs, :barf: on humans!

Back