Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Incompatible - another man would fight it no problem

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

loolalooh

Spinoff from a thread I saw ...

You're in an LDR with your SO and see each other 1x a month. You want to talk to him on the phone 1-2hrs daily. Once in a while, like on the weekends, maybe even 3 hrs. He doesn't like that idea. He wants to talk for 30 minutes daily.

Are you needy?

Or are you two incompatible?

*Poll should say "find" not "fight" ... :)

Last edited:
SO and I are in a LDR and he wants to talk to me longer. I think it is because he is a night owl and I am a morning person. We talk every night from 9:30p until I get a bit goofy, but by then he has his second wind. We compensate by texting and emailing all day.

30 minutes a day talking and no other communication, um that wouldn't fly with me unless we did IM all day long.

Perhaps both. I find I don't do well with people who want to be together all the time! I find them too needy and end up getting sick of them.

Perhaps both. I find I don't do well with people who want to be together all the time! I find them too needy and end up getting sick of them.
Yea, the DID and I are also in an LDR and I'm not a phone person. I don't consistently have that much to say. And I try to be very conscious of how much time I spend telling him "ohhh, you would not believe ____" stories, cuz I know men hate listening to it. :lol:

I don't knock anyone who likes to talk for hours on end. Its just not me.

2 hrs is waaaaay too long to do daily. I could deal with 30 mins plus a few texts per day. Honestly, I'd probably be too busy checking out the men in my city to be on the phone 2 hrs per day.

Good point; I didn't consider this. I thought one should work on being less "needy" instead of finding someone more compatible. Perhaps it doesn't have to work that way ... one can be needy and find someone who's okay with that. If it were me, I'd want to work on being less needy.

Back