Needing a hair mentor...

mrslollis

I posted this in the wrong forum sorry....

Ok so i'm pleading and begging for some help! I don't know what I'm dong wrong :wallbash: I have done natural twice and permed twice this is my second time perming my hair. The issue I'm having is crunchy ends.....I just don't understand. I mostly wear my hair in a wash and go type style. I get in the shower put some conditioner in it rinse most of it out put some hawaiian silky 14 in 1 in it with some oil on top.

There are some new things that I have started and maybe just need to give a chance to work.

I use a natural oil blend which I really like
and I'm now wearing a satin bonnet to bed.

I did end up relaxing I used a mizani so my hair isn't strait so I can still wear the wash and go style. I do not regret going relaxed at all

I did have mushy hair but I can tell that it's getting better.

I have grown enough hair to be able to cut it 5x because of crunchy ends. It keeps growing I just keep having crunchy ends.

I just cut like an inch and a half off. I want my hair to be long and awesome.
progress.gif
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=11537712

:wave: Hey mrslollis, welcome. I have felt your pain. I won't hesitate to cut either, if my ends are not on point. I know that WnG's and twistout's were not kind to my ends, so I stopped wearing them. I was natural a few years back and I had splits and damage like I had never had before in my life. Being natural wasn't my problem, but how I treated my hair was a problem.

My salvation was deep conditioning 2x a week and protein conditioner once or twice a month. Your goal is to find the protein/moisture balance that is right for your hair. So if I were you, I would start by clarifying my hair, doing a protein conditioner and follow that with a moisturizing DC. Also, DC every time you wash your hair. HTH

Thanks OP for posting this. I am facing the same issue. Right now I DC 1x week and follow with Organix Coconut/Protein End Mender. I seal with essental oils and PS 99% of the time. I will try bumping up my wash/DC to 2x week and incorporate a protein condish once a month and see how that goes.

I have had to hide my scissors because I went on a search and destroy mission and trim so horribly bad/uneven ends but it can become addicting. I am 6+ weeks post relaxer and thanks to about and inch of NG I am battling shrinkage. I won't relax again for another 6 weeks. At least that's my plan. :grin:

What if your hair is not long enough to put into a nice bun without tearing your hair out from the roots?

This is a great thread. I feel like Luke Skywalker in need of my own personal Yoda. I haven't had TOO many problems with breakage, but no matter what I try, my hair always seems frizzy and a bit dry. I've tried twistouts which seem to just not want to work in my hair. Now my hair is just up in a loose ponytail, just waiting for a miracle. Any regimen, product and style ideas that anyone can give would be very much appreciated by us grasshoppers.

haha one million months later!!!! My hair update

My hair has been growing like crazy I have promise I have cut some where between 3-4 inches since then and it turned around and grew right back! I really thought it had been a year and the only reason i know it hasn't is because of this post lol My hair is still dry like it's always been though. I haven't been perfect at keeping it up though either. I'm going to try the vaseline challenge though.

I'm still relaxed.

Back