Need your imput: 4a/bs Creme of Nature Lye or Affirm Lye

MJ

I have 4b hair and for those who've used any or both of these products, which would you recommend?

-- Added: I have read just about all the threads that were ever written on relaxers in this forum. Not many people here seem to use CON lye relaxers, affirm lye sounds good, but I've read reviews saying that it doesn't relax straight (sounds almost like Motions).

Need your advise ya'll

I've heard that con's formula is very similar to revlon lye relaxer. In my opinion, affirm is far superior to revlon, but if you like your hair to be bone straight then maybe con may be for you hth :ohwell:
I've always wondered how straight affirm super would get the hair??

Thanks. I'm leaning towards affirm (first mild, but not regular), I just don't want to buy it and have it do a motions on me. My hair completely reverted after self relaxing with motions oil. I tried 3 times with that relaxer. I don't want bone straight hair, but straighter than a texturizer.

I switched from affirm b/c it never straightened my hair. It basically just texturized it. My hair laughed at it. lol. It did the same to my sister's hair to, but she did get a nice curl from it when it was wet. :ohwell:

secretdiamond said:
I switched from affirm b/c it never straightened my hair. It basically just texturized it. My hair laughed at it. lol. It did the same to my sister's hair to, but she did get a nice curl from it when it was wet. :ohwell:

On man! That's what motions did for me :( , I had banging curls when wet but fuzzy underprocessed hair when dry. Now I'm back where I start, I've been "investigating" the best relaxer for my hair type for more than 2 months now. Why is the relaxer thing soo hard. It seems as they are either too strong or not strong enough. I think I may just use CON lye mild (since I'm doing it myself).

Thanks

Hey Jonezy!!! Don't forget the NY get together 9/17. Back to the topic at hand. I've always heard that the Motions Oil relaxer doesn't really do a great job of getting the hair straight. I can vouch for that as I've used it before. I've never used the CON, but the Affirm Lye Regular is what I use. I have had no problems with it. That's just me though!!!

AJamericanDiva said:
Hey Jonezy!!! Don't forget the NY get together 9/17. Back to the topic at hand. I've always heard that the Motions Oil relaxer doesn't really do a great job of getting the hair straight. I can vouch for that as I've used it before. I've never used the CON, but the Affirm Lye Regular is what I use. I have had no problems with it. That's just me though!!!

I didn't know that! Thanks AJD, I still have 3 months before my touch up, I'm just anxious I guess. I really don't want to go to another hairdresser, I've been practicing and everything.

I used the CON mild lye relaxer recently. I didnt have bad results with it. I self relaxed for the first time, and I dont think that I got all of the spots but it went well. I had no scabs or anything, and my hair was soft after use. I dont think that I can stretch my relaxer too long though because I may have underprocessed it. (I have a couple of pics in my album with my relaxer) I think that a professional stylist using CON mild lye will do the trick.

When I was relaxing I used Affirm. Got it supa straight. Now Im transitioing to natural. My hair was FLAT! My hair didnt hold anything. Affirm is good if you use the WHOLE SYSTEM! Just dont use the super.

I used the COM yesterday and it did nothing for my new growth. The MTG I was using on my hair really gave me thick new growth. So back to the braids. I think I will keep my hair in braids for about 6 months.

I recommend the Affirm. Make sure that your beautician uses all the steps. I.e. the protecto and the conditioners that come with it. I have been using Affirm for years and it is really good.

Back