Need your help, virgin relaxer and Henna?

Which one would you do?

• I would henna one week before, then virgin relax

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I would virgin relax one week before, then henna

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I would henna one month before, then virgin relax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would virgin relax one month before, then henna

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jade998

Hi ladies,

Just come out of lurking, and the information I have learnt here has been invaluable.
The bad habits i had before i became natural was unbelieveable. I would always overlap my relaxer, I mean place the relaxer over the whole stand of hair each time I relaxed (beacause I was told that was the only way for my hair to be soft, if you are African, you might understand) and I relaxed without fail, every 4 weeks.

In my quest to once get curls, I used the perm kit, white ladies use to get curls on my head, of course it didn't work.

I used to use bonding glues to add extentions to my hair, and this was my staple style for over 6-7 years, I got fed up and went natural to basically regrow my hair form scratch, and because I felt that I had no other choice.

I have been natural for over 2.5 yrs and I want finally relax my hair on may 19th with phyto.

My question is: I also want to try the henna conditionig that people are doing and I was wondering, should I relax my hair first, then use the henna, or should I henna first, the relax.

Thanks in advance

You may get away with henna sooner than one month.

If it was me, I would relax before henna because a relaxer may "strip the henna away". Also, from my understanding, henna loosens the texture a bit and since this if a virgin relaxer you may running the risk of over/underprocessing.

Are you relaxing your own hair?

i henna'd my hair the week before my virgin relaxer to give it added strength. there was a thread about using henna before & after a relaxer. i think Softresses started it.

HTH

You may want to henna first, not only for the added strength (it's like a protein treatment) but you may find you really like your natural hair with your new henna color and may not want to relax after all.;)

Isis said:
You may want to henna first, not only for the added strength (it's like a protein treatment) but you may find you really like your natural hair with your new henna color and may not want to relax after all.;)

I am open to that possibility.

Looks like the consensous is: henna week before relaxing. Maybe I will love my hair after henna, I pray that is the case. I am just not feeling my natural hair at all at the moment.

Thanks to those that voted.

Back