Need your help ladies. Get in here..lol

He sounds like a good guy! :yep: One of his sisters could have easily stepped up and moved in with mom but he did. Also he did have his own place before mom got sick, so he does sound stable.

I say get to know him more. You don't want a crazy man around your baby.

His education status could be worked on. It's never too late to go to school. :yep:

He seems like a nice guy. The only thing I am concerned about is why he lives with his mother. He said she is NOT bedridden, so why does he live there? Is the distance too great for him to drive him afterwards? I wonder why one of his sisters didn't step in. So far, so good otherwise. :)

Well, he says one of the sisters spends the night every few days or so. like they take shifts when the other is working. I believe the others live far away.

yes, he did have his own place before.

He says she is not bedridden, but shouldn't be doing the things she does, such as going shopping etc. but it seems like she sneaks out sometimes...lol

I'm not too familiar with lupus, so I'm not sure if she has episodes where she is bedridden sometimes and needs to be helped at that time. The way it seems, like he just wants to be close to his mom to help her, because she's not married etc.

Uh... I know y'all live in different states (and I don't know what states and how close they are), but you've been talking for seven months and haven't met yet?

That was my first red flag.

Second, a man who says that every woman "plays games," makes me wonder about him... talk about sex (even if its not having it)... call me old-fashioned, but I don't like men having sexual discussions with me if we are not in a relationship and he's pursuing me for one.

I dunno... there was a lot that you wrote that rubbed me the wrong way... there seems to be just too much going on... I would tread very carefully and I think you two need to meet soon if you want to see where this goes (on neutral territory -- let him get a hotel in your town and you meet in public places). Right now, you're getting interested in a dude you've never seen and he could all be smoke and mirrors.

Be careful.

^^ well, even though he is kind, sweet etc..I am not taking him too serious at this point, as far as a relationship goes, he has to show me much more.

He is up north. The 7 mths that we chatted wasn't us getting to know one another etc. He was just like a cyber friend. It wasn't until recently he gave me his number.

Yea, i know what you mean about 'playing games' 'not a cheater' type talk, I also am leery of that as well.

And that's exactly what I planned on him doing, getting a room etc.

^^ well, even though he is kind, sweet etc..I am not taking him too serious at this point, as far as a relationship goes, he has to show me much more.

He is up north. The 7 mths that we chatted wasn't us getting to know one another etc. He was just like a cyber friend. It wasn't until recently he gave me his number.

Yea, i know what you mean about 'playing games' 'not a cheater' type talk, I also am leery of that as well.

And that's exactly what I planned on him doing, getting a room etc.

Okay, if he lives up North, I understand you not meeting sooner. I was thinking he was in Florida or Alabama or S.C.... somewhere driveable.

Definitely take it slow. If it was JUST the thing about his sick mother (which remains to be seen), then I'd be less concerned. But there's a lot of other things that just don't sound right.

Anyway, keep us posted!

OP, my BFF and I had a good talk yesterday and one of the things she said she was going to do is to keep her options open. If you and this gentleman don't even live in the same state, keep an open eye for someone that does. You can still talk to him, chat, and whatnot but keep your options open to find someone local. Good luck :)

Back