Need ways to stop hair breakage, while in braids?

Ronica

I am going to get braids in a few weeks and I want to let my hair breathe from relaxers for a bit. So I wanted to know what you guys did to soften new growth and keep your hair from much breakage while you guys wore braids. I may want to do this for a few months so I'd like to know what would work to keep my hair soft and mosturized so that when they are taken down, I can have soft new growth with minimal breakage, except for the usual shedding that happens any way. Or what is a great moisturizing mix for braid wearing. Any suggestions and tips are welcomed. I heard of a Shea buttter mix but I wasn't clear on that. Please help me and I will be soo greatful....thanx

Ronica
smile.gif

Ok I know it's Friday and all but can ya help a sista out?,lol. Just a few responses so I can be getting my self ready soon. thanks
smile.gif

Hi Ronica, I'm wearing braids now and my newgrowth is coming in nice and soft. I wash my hair once a week and use leave in conditioner twice a week to keep my scalp clean and my hair strong. I use s-curl on my braids (not the scalp) everyday to keep my hair moisturized (this is an important step to keep hair from breaking) I also use braid spray on my scalp to relieve any iching.

Hi Ronica

When I had cornrow extensions I did the following:
S-curl & Surge on my scalp x1 day
African Pride braid spray x2 day - LOL I used to spray like mad until they were completely drenched
Rinse scalp with water every other day - this alleviated the itching
Wash x 3wk

HTH
Sam

Back