Need to lay my hair down for this sleek high bun..product recs?

DaughterOfZion1

Hey ladies :)

I'm blowing my natural hair out tonight and attaching a large bunned up twist. I want my natural hair to be really nice and smooth, moist looking and just nice. What products (natural or relaxed) do you use to get that look. I already have a boar bristle brush. I just need the right products.

Thanks in advance!!

I have used Eco styler gel to give me a sleek look. Once applied and hair smoothed in place, I tie a scarf down, or around my head to ensure it sets it. Hoping that you get more responses as well.

RZ~

Last edited:
DaughterOfZion1

I use Eco styler clear and tie my wet hair down. I also use a baby brush, not boar. I let the hair set under a silk scarf for about an hour. Until the gel dries.

If I want it straight and sleek, I flat iron. Pull it back. Then apply a very small amount of gel to the edges and tie the hair down.

So here is my flat ironed ponytail today with gelled edges.(I don't have any pics of my flat ironed bun but this the same procedure. My ends are just loose)

And the second picture is my "natural" hair in a gelled bun. (I still have texlaxed ends but my roots are 22 months of new growth so i hope u get the idea from this picture.)

Attachments

• image-3139864904.jpg
    image-3139864904.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 68
  • image-1684277942.jpg
    image-1684277942.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Ors edge control is great. just use a tad and dampen your brush.
your style sounds cute. :)
whatever you use, it's all about tying a scarf down to set the style.

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

I've been using fruit of the earth aloe vera gel. I got it from dollar general. Its worked better than other gels I've used. It also made.my hair moist and no frizz or flyaways all day. Its for skin but I saw a girl on youtube use it in her hair with good results, so I tried it and love it.
My natural hair is super thick and never slicks this good.
ForumRunner_20130525_064151.jpg

Back