Need to know what products I should try

rainbowknots

Hey ladies, I'm new here and I've been reading up on a lot of different products. Right now I have Mizani shampoo and conditioner, and also the rose H20 (not a huge fan of these). I'm stationed overseas so I'm very limited on what I have access to. I have shampoo and conditioner coming in from Beauty 4 ashes to get me started but I'm not gonna be able to afford this on a regular bases. So far this is my list to purchase from Amazon.com:

Mastex Thermal Heat cap
Aristocrat Bone Comb
Megatek

Aside from that I have no idea what I should purchase...I have no idea as to what I should do for a hair regime...I'm completely lost :perplexed. I would also like to know if there are any good home deep-conditioning, pre-poo, and leave-in recipes that i could concoct using any of the following:

Eggs
Mayo
Avocado
EVOO
Jojoba Oil
Peppermint Oil

Being overseas I don't really have access to any all natural products which I REALLY want to start using. Thanks in advance for anyhelp

Welcome!

I know how it feels to be overseas and trying to take care of your hair; I would always have my mom ship me stuff to help with my hair (I was stationed in the Middle East for a year and a half). That helps with shipping costs. also buying in bulk helps as well. www.sheldeez.com and www.paynesbeautysupply.com have great prices for bulk products.

The only issue with being new is that you're going to want to try everything AND it's a game of trial & error with your hair and listening to it and determining what it needs; you have to learn what's best for your hair.

I will suggest keeping it simple and low maintenance; in the end that's what worked for me.

Hope that helps and again, welcome to the board!

i know what you mean about wanting to try new products...everything looks interesting and everyone has different results. Like you said though, I have to find what works for me

Actually I'm about to try Hairveda...she gets GREAT raves and her website says she ships worldwide also. I'm really excited about tryin her stuff out. Thanks though, if Hairveda doesn't work out for me, I'll def try those websites you suggested

Welcome!

I don't really have much advice for you because I don't have relaxed hair. I do use all natural products though. Everything I use, I can get from a grocery store. Depending where you are, you can find many products while you shop for food. Here are some things I use or have used in the past:
coconut milk-conditioner
coconut oil-moisturizer
extra virgin olive oil-detangling
baking soda/water mix-shampoo (also clarifies)
castile soap-shampoo
shea butter-moisturizer

You may want to search "caramel". The caramel treatment can be used as a deep conditioner and it's made of all natural products (bananas, molasses, acv, and some other ingredients I can't remember). Also, search "sistaslick"...she's a member here and she writes great articles on hair and there's one about building a regimen. She also has one on protein/moisture balance.

You can definitely make a deep conditioner (protein) with egg/olive oil. Jojoba oil is great for the scalp because it is very similar to the sebum your scalp produces already. Also, if you mix the jojoba oil with a little bit of the peppermint oil you could do scalp massages with it.

Hope this helps!

Hey ladies, I'm new here and I've been reading up on a lot of different products. Right now I have Mizani shampoo and conditioner, and also the rose H20 (not a huge fan of these). I'm stationed overseas so I'm very limited on what I have access to. I have shampoo and conditioner coming in from Beauty 4 ashes to get me started but I'm not gonna be able to afford this on a regular bases. So far this is my list to purchase from Amazon.com:

Mastex Thermal Heat cap
Aristocrat Bone Comb
Megatek

Aside from that I have no idea what I should purchase...I have no idea as to what I should do for a hair regime...I'm completely lost :perplexed. I would also like to know if there are any good home deep-conditioning, pre-poo, and leave-in recipes that i could concoct using any of the following:

Eggs
Mayo
Avocado
EVOO
Jojoba Oil
Peppermint Oil

Being overseas I don't really have access to any all natural products which I REALLY want to start using. Thanks in advance for anyhelp

Okay I see you have Mega Tek listed here so I know that you will need garlic for the shedding that MT causes. You may want to take them in supplement form or topically or both. I do both....I take Kyolic odorless aged garlic but I also have Alter Ego Garlic Oil Treatment/deep conditioner that I bought from www.bluebeez.com.

I don't know which Mizani conditioner you have but I do know that Mizani Moisturefuse and the Mizani Thermasmooth are great moisturizing conditioners you can use. The Mega Tek will help as a protein treatment because of the keratin in it but always follow it up with a good moisturizing conditioner like the ones I mentioned above to prevent protein overload. I would also recommend that you use the Mega Tek as suggested on the bottle.

Get a really good water/protein-based daily moisturizer for your hair. The one I highly recommend is Cathy Howse UBH lotion creme moisturizer. It has a nice balance of water and protein in it and it really keeps my hair very very soft and moisturized all day:lick:.

Don't forget to include a clarifying shampoo in your regimen and use it at least one to two times per month depending on the amount of build-up on your hair. You have excellent choices of oils here and you can use one of them to seal your moisturizer in with. I like the jojoba and evoo for this purpose but jojoba oil is also great on the scalp, add some peppermint esssential oil for added stimulated scalp massage.

The egg can be mixed with the EVOO for a nice protein deep conditioner without heat covered with a plastic cap or you'll cook the egg on your head I think:grin:. I hear mayo can be used on the hair but I don't know how - maybe you should check into the hair recipes forum for answers on that. Hope this helps a little.

Back