Need tips for stretching relaxer

levette

I am 8 weeks post but I want to try to make it to at least 14 weeks post. The problem is that my hair is shedding like crazy already. I will admit that I have been flat-ironed 3x this month due to special events: graduation, Christmas holidays. What can I do to resist my urge to make a hair appointment for tomorrow for a retouch ( trust me- I am desperate)
:help2:

Last edited:
I stretched for too long and got a lot of breakage because of it. How long do you usually stretch for? Stretch gradually. If you usually relax at 8 dont jump to 14. Try to aim for 10.

I am 8 weeks post but I want to try to make it to at least 14 weeks post. The problem is that my hair is shedding like crazy already. I will admit that I have been flat-ironed 3x this month due to special events: graduation, Christmas holidays. What can I do to resist my urge to make a hair appointment for tomorrow for a retouch ( trust me- I am desperate)
:help2:

DC after every shampoo (with heat)
Co-Wash if time permits
Airdry or Rollerset only (NO DIRECT HEAT. None. Not even a little. :yep:)
Wear Protective Styles (braidouts, twistouts, buns, etc)
Incorporate a protein treatment if needed (I like Aphogee)
Moisturize daily
Detangle only under running water when your hair is loaded with conditioner
Be Patient
Be Patient
Be Patient
Be Consistent with your regimen

You can do it! Try to make it to 10 weeks, then 12, then 14. Protective/low manipulation styles are your friend! I couldn't wear my hair down at all after about week 11. Good luck!

Back