Need suggestions for a cheap hooded dryer.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Hello lovely ladies!

I need some suggestions for a good quality hooded dryer that won't break the bank. I'm looking for one that has a big enough hood so that I can easily do rollersets and doesn't cost more than $150. I have a conditioning cap but it is not big enough for me to do anything with it besides deep condition my hair in a plastic cap.

Hello lovely ladies!

I need some suggestions for a good quality hooded dryer that won't break the bank. I'm looking for one that has a big enough hood so that I can easily do rollersets and doesn't cost more than $150. I have a conditioning cap but it is not big enough for me to do anything with it besides deep condition my hair in a plastic cap.

The only cheapie dryer that I know handles well is the Conair Pro. I got mine at Sally's about a year ago for $120. and I have seen it go as low as $99.00. It's on a stand that you can roll around and it's not very storage friendly (but then again, how many other ones are?:rolleyes:) but it works really well. The hood is white, it has a visor that drops down to start it, has 3 settings that are easy to get to when under it and the higher setting gets hot but not 'fry your hair' hot. The hood is ok for a decent rollerset for me but then again the biggest roller I use right now are the purple ones.

If you see it being sold at Sally's for way more than you're willing to spend, ask the manager when it will go on sale because she should know a month in advance.

Hope this helps!

~ Hera

This is the updated model, but I had this prior to purchasing my stand up dryer.

If you go this route, or any table top version, try and put more heat protectant around your crown area because I believe this is why my hair is shorter in the middle due to heat damage.

http://www.folica.com/Hot_Tools_Salon_d953.html

2502-A8316_l.jpg

I dito the Hot Toolz dyer. It has great reviews, gets hot, and does the job for less than 50 bucks...last time I checked it was 39.99!

I have the soft Gold n' Hot one that looks like a crazy gold crown. My roller set fits under there and it's only around $30.

This is the updated model, but I had this prior to purchasing my stand up dryer.

If you go this route, or any table top version, try and put more heat protectant around your crown area because I believe this is why my hair is shorter in the middle due to heat damage.

http://www.folica.com/Hot_Tools_Salon_d953.html

2502-A8316_l.jpg
wow.. this makes so much sense.. im wondering why the crown is shorter than the rest of my hair!!!

My mother brought me a Gold N Hot ionic one. I like the dryer but it's way too loud, I couldn't even use it long enough to get the benefits from the ions.

I'm still using my old Hot Tools that I inherited from my cousin.

If your looking for an excellent dryer and don't mind spending a little more money, Salonsrus.com has a great alternative to the Pibbs. I've bought this dryer at the beginning of this year and it words great at drying my hair very fast. It costs $129.99 w/ free shippinng. The customer service is awesome too.

http://salonsrus.com/proddetail.php?prod=PRO-1028

My mother brought me a Gold N Hot ionic one. I like the dryer but it's way too loud, I couldn't even use it long enough to get the benefits from the ions.

This is the One I have (and it is loud):lachen: I thought it was just me.

Good thing about it, tho' it's 1875 ot 1900 Watts, so it gets the job done.:yep:

I paid about $100.00 Hard Hat on Stand w/Wheels.

I have a conair folding dryer. I've had it for 3 years now and I use it about 1x a week, for about 1hr each time. As good as Pibbs u say?? Hmmm I'll have to look into those salons R us dryers :scratchch

Back