NEED SUGGESTION FIVE YEAR OLD WITH LONG HAIR!

sterry

Hey Ladies,

My five year old has about 31 inches of hair.(She can sit on it) Very straight.
I am having a hard time finding a protective style.
Right now I keep her hair in one braid, then I roll it up and wrap it with two scrunchies. But, later when I comb through she loses several strands. The front of her hair is shorter so these pieces come loose and fall in her face or get tangle with food.
All I seem to be able to do is one braid. Her hair unravels if I don't roll it up.
What else can I do? I don't want to cut it, but if all I do is put it in a bun...what good is having the long hair?
Is she too young to use a holding gel?

i say use the gel sparingly, maybe go the the beauty supply store or the magazine section at walmart and find something for her. What about cornrows, does she have bangs? maybe some long bangs would be cool. can you do frenchbraids?

I don't do cornrows or french braids well. Her hair slips out of braids as it is. A braid on her last about 15 mins before It unravels or has other hair coming out.

What about a ponytail with spiral curls? You can get the spiral curls without a curling iron by rollersetting her hair. You could pull it up in the ponytail and then rollerset the remaining hair that is hanging down? That would protect her ends b/c they'd be up and away from her clothes.

Also, you could pin some of the rollerset spiral curls up and do some funky things with the curls, barretts, or hair pins.

Also maybe the Princess Leah look?

Or maybe 4 sections ponytail braids. The two in the front could criss cross over, and the two in the back could hang down or you could make a loop out of them.

Try mango butter on the ends or shea butter or profectiv.

She's blessed with beautiful hair - just ask God to help you learn how to work with it. I'm sure we can all come up with something.

Maybe lots of cinnamon rolls like 2 or 3?

Jada Pinkett-Smith - knots like in Matrix 2 & 3.

Thank You,

I was thinking about purchasing a hairdini. I can roll in beautiful buns. But, buns are what seem to cause her hair lost. I think it gets tangled somehow.

Thank You,

I was thinking about purchasing a hairdini. I can roll in beautiful buns. But, buns are what seem to cause her hair lost. I think it gets tangled somehow.

what about the tried and true 2 ponys in the front one in the back ouchless metal free ponytail holders soaked in oil of course!

Back