Need Step by Step Instructions for Natural who wants to Rollerset then Flat Iron

The main reason why I want to rollerset then flat iron is because I want my hair to have some type of bounce or swing, I don't want a bone straight press. My question is do I have to use setting lotion when rollersetting? What about flat ironing right after- shouldn't you flat iron when you have no products in your hair?

Please help!!

I use a small amount of lottabody setting lotion diluted in distilled water when I set my hair. Other than that, I just use a serum and straightening balm. When I flatiron, I don't use anything additional b/c my straightening balm is a heat protectant. Also, I only flatiron my roots, not all of my hair.

hey...um if you pm me, i will give u the fotki and password of a natural (not from this board) who has it posted step by step...i dont wanna put her stuff out there without her permission :)

I usually just use a leave in conditioner and spray Bontanicals oil, then rollerset the top and wrap the rest. That way it pretty much gives me some kinda bounce and I don't have to flat iron.

Back