Need solutions for thick roots please

spencd

Hello,

I'm about 4-5 weeks post and my roots are unbelievably thick.:perplexed I don't take no extra stuff, just daily wash n sets. I switched to Vitale last relaxer and am not sure if it was from this. My hair was very straight so I don't think that it was over processed.

Anyway I would like to wash my hair today but would like to know what people do to tame their roots. Also if you can incorporate some strength ideas as well, experiencing some breakage. I think due to thick roots. I am trying to avoid going to the beauty parlour. Thanks! It's growing so that's a good thing.

Wow how many inches of new growth do you have already?

I'm not sure if avoiding heat, but would you consider flatironing the roots?

I'm not sure about the inches, but the middle usually grows more. This time I have some all over. I don't normally blow dry the roots or flat iron, but may have to if I plan on stretching. I may only make it to 8 weeks but normally around 12.

I have seen people on here state that put conditoners or something on their roots to help tame them.

bumping for more results it's official, just came back from beauty parlour and have lots of roots. either vitale is a miracle relaxer or something else. anyway don't like the way blowing root leave hair flat so help someone can help with a solution.

You could try a prewash yogurt or coconut milk lime juice treatment to temporarily loosen the roots.

I rollerset and then flat iron my roots, and then scarf ...this technique is a life savor for thick roots...Im 15 weeks post, and my hair is a breeze to handle. I have found that Nexxus emergencee does a great job at getting my roots smooth! I use nexxus emergencee once a week for about 1-2 minutes follow up with a moisturizing DC and my roots are pretty manageable to comb thru and set! HTH

I used the chealeting shampoo and treatment by Nexxus along with their Keraphix followed by giovanni. Even though I have quite a few Nexxus products, I can't bare to spend $16 for the emergencee. I told my cousin about it and she swears by it for the past 4 years. she is supposed to get me a big bottle for $23. Anyway my hair feels good but yes blowing roots may be in the future.

I have coco milk in the fridge. How do I use it and my hair.

TIA

i blow dry on LOW. It doesnt give me flat hair like high heat blow drying does. Low is just enough to straighten slightly and then apply rollers. :hair:

How do you exactly do a coconut milk treatment. I have some coco milk and this would be a good way to use so it's not wasted.

TIA

Thanks I would grease my scalp with my castor oil grease tonight. Anyone know about the coco milk?

Back