Need rollers to sleep in....

leigh.hill

I have rollers in right now and they are giving me a HEADACHE!!!! I co-washed earlier and I am trying to find ways to curl my hair without heat (bantu/braidout did not work). I decided to put 6 rollers on top of my head and wear the rest up, but these rollers are KILLING ME! Anyone out there wear rollers to bed that do not hurt? My hair is not that long - just past the ears on sides and nape of neck in back. BTW - Pillow satin rollers do want work for me on wet hair.

I sleep on sponge rollers, even on wet hair. I two strand twist (damp) hair with moisturizer/oil in, then roll the twists on sponge rollers and sleep. In the morning, I have cutesy curls.

HTH!

The satin covered foam rollers are great to sleep in.

FYI: I was in Sally's yesterday and I noticed that they had a buy 2 get 1 free offer on them. You can also find them in most BSS.

I do have some flexirods...they don't pull your hair out? Do you put the 2 - 4 on top of head? Sides? Back?

Last edited:
I've got flexi rods in now, only takes a few minutes to put them in and they're easy to sleep. They give great curls too!

ETA: If you want to keep the body of your rollerset curls I would do a pin curl set, but not flat pin curls do the upright pin set, as if you're actually wearing rollers.

Last edited:
How many flexi rods do you use? And which color/size? I like your curls in your siggy.

Thanks, although my siggy is a roller wrap. :)

I use about 10/12 flexi rods, but the large grey ones. They give very good structured curls that last all day.

Can the flexi-rods be used for rollerwraps (not wet) setting at night and wrapping in the morning or would the curl be too tight?

I gave up on rollers because I couldn't find any that were comfortable to sleep in. Now I just use my caruso in the morning when I want curls. It takes about 15 minutes and it's steam heat so it doesn't damage the hair. Maybe this will work for u???????

Back