Need recommendations for MSM powder

jamaica68

Please recommend brands of msm powder, I'd love add it to my juice instead of pill form? Thanks.

Brand:
Vitamin Shoppe

BEST VALUE: Msm Powder 1000 (1000 MG) (454 Grams Powder , $0.06/serving )
Value Price: $24.99

This brand is made with OptiMSM--the original MSM. I use it on a regular basis internally and in my oil mixture. MSM is bitter, but I add 1 tsp. to a little orange juice and drink it down. I then drink a little more OJ to get rid of the bitter taste in my mouth. Many benefits include hair growth, nail growth, joint pain relief and clearer skin. I wish you well on your research.

This is the MSM I use by Source Naturals and it is OptiMSM. I've been using this brand for about 6 months and will repurchase.
I just take it straight and wash it down with water.

I use Jarrow brand from whole foods! I believe its 14 dollars for a nice size bottle of the powder.

MSM is not only a great hair supplement, it's good for your body overall. Doctors like myself have used MSM to treat a variety of health conditions, even PMS symptoms, and a great plus is that MSM does improve healthy hair growth due to its sulfur content. I take MSM and I change brands depending on where I'm shopping and what's on sale. You don't have to worry so much about "brand name" when you shop for an MSM supplement. Just read the label to make sure it is 100% MSM and follow the dosage directions.

I've been taking for about 6 mo. It's great for hair joints nails n skin. I use optiMSM from drugstore.com. Also I take 1tsp in water.

Thank you ladies for all of your suggestions. :urock: I've been taking the pill form for years for my joints and since I've started juicing I'd love to add the powder to my juice. My skin is so much better when I take MSM regularly.

coolsista-paris, I can't say when you'll see growth but it does work.:yep:

I'm currently taking Source Naturals. However, I have a jar of Trimedica (both from vitacost.com) waiting to be used. It was the first brand I tried and it worked great. I'm trying to compare it to the source naturals. I do know that the taste of SN is milder and more tolerable.

I'm currently taking Source Naturals. However, I have a jar of Trimedica (both from vitacost.com) waiting to be used. It was the first brand I tried and it worked great. I'm trying to compare it to the source naturals. I do know that the taste of SN is milder and more tolerable.

Ms. Tiki, that's good to know the less I taste it the better.:lol:

I loved the way MSM made my skin look and after 3 months of use my hair looked thicker however it made me extremely tired. I was taking it in pill form 3000mg a day with Vitamin C. R any of u ladies experiencing this and if so what are u doing to combat the tiredness

I loved the way MSM made my skin look and after 3 months of use my hair looked thicker however it made me extremely tired. I was taking it in pill form 3000mg a day with Vitamin C. R any of u ladies experiencing this and if so what are u doing to combat the tiredness

kila82, no tiredness but I also take a multi vitamin too.

jamaica68 said:
kila82, no tiredness but I also take a multi vitamin too.

I'm gonna try MSM powder and a multivitamin. Thanks for responding. I really liked MSM and would prefer not to stop taking it lol

I've been taking Vitacost MSM Capsules with Optimsm. Are any of you ladies also taking this brand?

I loved what MSM did for my joints, hair skin and nails etc. but it ALWAYS messed with my cycle.

I loved what MSM did for my joints, hair skin and nails etc. but it ALWAYS messed with my cycle.
How so? For me I just notice that my period is much shorter. It is usually about 5 days, then after MSM it went down to about 3 days.

I've been taking Vitacost MSM Capsules with Optimsm. Are any of you ladies also taking this brand?

I used to take this brand with their vitamin c as well. My skin was pretty great (so long as I took the vitamin c) except for during my cycle and I definitely noticed it shortened my cycle to about 4/5 days.

How so? For me I just notice that my period is much shorter. It is usually about 5 days, then after MSM it went down to about 3 days.
Yes shorter like 2-3 "normal" cycle days .. and I am VERY regular/predictable when it comes to day 1, and it threw that off. My cycle would be VERY delayed (like some times off by 5 days).
I like knowing when my friend is coming so I can make plan my life. LOL.
Plus it just overall scared me. I don't think it will have an impact to child bearing, but I'm 30 and did not want any "issues" when I'm ready to have children.

As soon as I get off of MSM, I'm back to normal. Its strange.

I've been taking this brand 4000mg MSM and another BULK MSM on and off for over 8 years. I discontinued the bulk MSM, about 4 years ago, - as it seemed to give me more headaches, insomnia and I believe other reactions.
I'm glad I saw this post because I was planning to make a trip to my local health food store to replace my back-up container. I just looked it up on their site and it isn't listed. Will have to give them a call to see if it's on the shelf.
I prefer the stronger strength on any supplement to minimize the quantity I have to take.
I can tell you emphatically, this supplement delivers GREAT skin. My joints feel better when I take it. Haven't became Rapunzel2 from taking it - but if memory serves me correctly, my hair does get thicker, which is why I ALWAYS take it when I'm back on my hair game.
Sorry - can't comment on the impact on cycle as I am well beyond that stage. :lots:

MSM is in both my hair vitamins. Should I be getting more? I want to purchase the cream for my face and neck as I don't want turtle neck once I hit 50.

MSM is in both my hair vitamins. Should I be getting more? I want to purchase the cream for my face and neck as I don't want turtle neck once I hit 50.
How much is in your vitamins? I'm also selling my Vitacost MSM capsules in the exchange forum if you're interested. The amount of MSM one should take is dependent on weight, age, and what you're attempting to achieve.

@PureSilver - ITA with @julzinha . Many of my supplements contain MSM as well but, like julzinha, because of the benefits of MSM I take a stand-alone MSM supplement as well. I am currently up to 12g daily. I put it in my morning protein smoothie. I will stabilize at 12g before I increase to 16g. (4g increment due to serving scoop)

In back to taking this winder powder and since I've started the results has been mind blowing. My nails are beautiful. I got great growth (then again in using other things topically) my skin has the slowest progress but j will not stop taking this.
I took doctor's best optic-msm morning and at nights.

Back