Need product recommendation for my "wash n go"

Glib Gurl

I want to give the "wash n go" thing another try. (Last summer I tried it once and it was not cute :nono:) I have relaxed hair, but whenever my hair is wet and starts to air dry the ends start to curl like little tendrils. It is so pretty, I'm wondering if I can get my whole head to do that . . . .

Can anyone recommend a good product to use on wet hair so when it dries it naturally curls? I tried a Garnier Fructis product last summer and the result was so sticky that my hair ended up breaking whenever I tried to run my fingers through it . . . flexibility is a must!

TIA!

Glib

I want to give the "wash n go" thing another try. (Last summer I tried it once and it was not cute :nono:) I have relaxed hair, but whenever my hair is wet and starts to air dry the ends start to curl like little tendrils. It is so pretty, I'm wondering if I can get my whole head to do that . . . .

Can anyone recommend a good product to use on wet hair so when it dries it naturally curls? I tried a Garnier Fructis product last summer and the result was so sticky that my hair ended up breaking whenever I tried to run my fingers through it . . . flexibility is a must!

TIA!

Glib

Glib,
Since I am transitioning, whenever I do my wash n' go's my NG acts all nice and pretty and does what it's supposed to do by coiling/curling up but my relaxed ends act like they want to look at me like I am a fool when I ask them to curl up:grin:, sooooooooo I have to "manufacture" curls on my relaxed hair.

John Frieda makes product that does exactly that. I don't know the exact name, but it is a liquid spray that you spray on your hair, scrunch it up, leave it alone and wait for it to dry. It really does work, but the hard part for me is leaving my hair alone until it dries:yep:; I like to touch it and mess with it. After you finish washing, wring your hair out (don't use a towel), put some type of serum on your hair, followed by this spray.

Another member (trying to find her fotki right now before I call her the wrong name) is completely relaxed and uses Giovanni Direct Leave in and it does an excellent job and produces great curls for her. Also I have heard a lot of people saying that the Fantasia stuff helps to enhance their curls too.

Maybe someone that has had more experience getting "true to life" wash n' go's on relaxed hair will chime in for you.

BB

:wave: I'm fully relaxed and do WnG all the time. I love the Dream Curls like BB said. This week, I tried using just conditioner and oils...it gave me really nice results on the relaxed hair but the NG was a puffy mess. I put it in a ponytail, so it really didn't matter anyways.

If you see your ends curling up, then you can make it work on your whole head.

:wave: I'm fully relaxed and do WnG all the time. I love the Dream Curls like BB said. This week, I tried using just conditioner and oils...it gave me really nice results on the relaxed hair but the NG was a puffy mess. I put it in a ponytail, so it really didn't matter anyways.

If you see your ends curling up, then you can make it work on your whole head.

I knew you would chime in. (I was trying to post the link to your fotki but I wanted to peek in it first to make sure the pic I was referring to was still there, but my work computer won't even let me visit fotkis:sad:)

Glib, go to her fotki and her wash n' go on relaxed hair looks just as good (or better) than some I have seen done on natural hair.:yep:

BB

Is this it?

60_large.jpg

Glib,
Since I am transitioning, whenever I do my wash n' go's my NG acts all nice and pretty and does what it's supposed to do by coiling/curling up but my relaxed ends act like they want to look at me like I am a fool when I ask them to curl up:grin:, sooooooooo I have to "manufacture" curls on my relaxed hair.

John Frieda makes product that does exactly that. I don't know the exact name, but it is a liquid spray that you spray on your hair, scrunch it up, leave it alone and wait for it to dry. It really does work, but the hard part for me is leaving my hair alone until it dries:yep:; I like to touch it and mess with it. After you finish washing, wring your hair out (don't use a towel), put some type of serum on your hair, followed by this spray.

Another member (trying to find her fotki right now before I call her the wrong name) is completely relaxed and uses Giovanni Direct Leave in and it does an excellent job and produces great curls for her. Also I have heard a lot of people saying that the Fantasia stuff helps to enhance their curls too.

Maybe someone that has had more experience getting "true to life" wash n' go's on relaxed hair will chime in for you.

BB
You know you get even better results when you leave it alone.

Now when are you going to leave it alone?

:look:

I knew you would chime in. (I was trying to post the link to your fotki but I wanted to peek in it first to make sure the pic I was referring to was still there, but my work computer won't even let me visit fotkis:sad:)

Glib, go to her fotki and her wash n' go on relaxed hair looks just as good (or better) than some I have seen done on natural hair.:yep:

BB
:grin: That's funny!! I'm becoming too predictable.

Yes GG, that is the John Frieda Dream Curls stuff. I keep bottles of that on hand.

Glib,

BB
Hello...
although i'm all natural these product work either way....
for wash and go i use the john frieda products also,like the spray leave-in, the curl spray, and i also use Sunsilks captivating curls, gel and twist cream...another suggestion is to go old school.....
when you first get in the shower go ahead and shampoo and condition first..... let the conditioner stay in throughout the durration of you showering...this will increase rhe amout of curls you have as it dries...
then you can either leave it in or rinse it out....but it you rinse it out, take a littel of the conditioner in your hands and work it through as a leave-in, so your hair won't dry out...

Hello...
for wash and go i use the john frieda products also,like the spray leave-in, the curl spray, and i also use Sunsilks captivating curls, gel and twist cream...another suggestion is to go old school.....
when you first get in the shower go ahead and shampoo and condition first..... let the conditioner stay in throughout the durration of you showering...this will increase rhe amout of curls you have as it dries...
then you can either leave it in or rinse it out....but it you rinse it out, take a littel of the conditioner in your hands and work it through as a leave-in, so your hair won't dry out...

I like that! Girl what are you talking about old school!?!?!?! Some of us on here just discovered that this works, so we are going to consider that "new school":grin:

Hello...

My relaxed hair dries really crinkly. Whenever I tried to just let it air dry it turned into a frizzy mess. But this trick really helped. It's something I learned at a forum here. I tried looking for it but the search isn't working.

But here are the steps:

I usually do a quick deep condition (apply a good conditioner to dry hair and either sit under the dryer for 20 minutes or run around for an hour or two). Then I rinse thoroughly and apply a good amount of doctored cone-free light conditioner to soaking wet hair. I add silk amino acids and honeyquat to what ever cheapie conditioner i have around.
I don't towel dry my hair at this point. I just separate it into four sections (my hair is thin), then separate out each curl, smoothing it down, squeezing the moisture and excess conditioner out as i go along. I usually use a wide tooth comb for each section then a smaller seamless comb for each sub-section of curls. Sometimes this straightens it out, most of the time it doesnt, I'm not sure why. My hair is much curlier in the back then in the front for some reason. In either case after I'm done I end up with stronger, glistening (when dry), conditioned curls.

After sealing the ends with my coconut/jojoba/almond oil concoction I either let it dry as is or, if it's night, I put my hair in four braids and put on a scarf. All I need to do to maintain the look is to dampen my hair with distilled water and honeyquat (using a spray bottle) and put my hair in braids. If there happens to be a little frizz, I use a frizz-ease serum, but only when completely dry. I've discovered that although my hair absolutely loves cones when dry, it's just the opposite when wet (and isn't rinsed out).

This has been a God-send. I'm a very low-key person and I don't like to take so much time putting curlers in my head just to co-wash it out a day or two later. Even maintaining the curls is a pain for me.

I've worn a Wash and Go and Cap and Go for the last five years. I've plenty of products reviewed on my fotki for the style. :yep: Hope they help!

Back