Need natural styling ideas

FAMUDva

(sorry in advance if the pics are too big)

Hi Ladies! I'm excited that this coming Saturday will make 2 years since my last relaxer! It was a long transition, and after the remaining relaxed ends were chopped off in February, I found myself wondering "what do I do to my hair now".

This summer I wore buns mostly, along with braids. Then in September I started going to a natural salon to get my hair silkened (flat ironed) every 1-2 weeks. That's been working great and I'm getting full reversion, but my issue is I need styling ideas for when I'm not wearing it flat ironed. I've attached the few things (other than a bun) I know how to do. I think I use headbands like a security blanket and need some ideas for accessories, styling, etc. It seems my styles never come out as good as the effort I put into them :( What am I doing wrong?!?!!? Any ideas of NEW stuff I can start doing?

Here are my recent DIY styles:

Flexi rod set (taken today)
IMG00425.jpg

Wash and go (with KCCC)

IMG00411.jpg

IMG00407.jpg

Puff

DSC02789.jpg

2-strand twist with Bantu Knotout

IMG00227.jpg

forgot to add that I still have maybe 1" of heat damaged ends in the front (bangs and sides) :wallbash:. You can see stray straight pieces when I wash and go in the front.

I love your hair and styles!!!! The flexi-rod set :lick:

I'm not all natural yet... I think the link pookiwah shared is really helpful :yep:

You could also try blackonyx77 on YouTube. She does lots of styling with her hair and she gives tutorials as well. You'll probably end up finding a whole bunch of style tutorials on YT.

You have beautiful hair! I agree with all the ladies. BlackOnyx77 and PrettyDimples on YouTube have tons of styling vids. Your flexi rod set is motivating me to finally bust out the perm rods I just bought and do a set.

Back