Need help with serum

plainj

I have a serum that leaves my hair feeling so coated. It feels like I put wax on my hair. Maybe b/c it's old, idk. I don't use alot at all--just 1-2 drops. Is there anything I can add to it to "water" it down?

What serum is it?

This may gross some people out, but all silicones (which usually makes up serum ingredients) are IS liquid wax. Maybe you hair doesn't like cones, maybe you have cone buildup and need to clarify, or maybe it isn't the right serum.

Well, most serums actually make the hair feel coated. A lot of members like serums, and a lot of memebers don't like serum. My hair happens to love serums.

MizaniMami said:
What serum is it?

This may gross some people out, but all silicones (which usually makes up serum ingredients) are IS liquid wax. Maybe you hair doesn't like cones, maybe you have cone buildup and need to clarify, or maybe it isn't the right serum.

Ugh, I didn't know that!!:eek: No wonder my hair hates them.:lol:

KhandiB said:
I have one from Fantasia IC , was just wondering :)

Thx!

Oh yeah, a lot of those Fantaisia IC Serums say they're "Polishers." It seems like the terms, serum and hair polisher are interchangable. ;)

I didn't know that a serum was a liquid wax. Interesting. I'm using Redken heat glide. It's about 2 yrs old. I didn't seem to have a problem with it when I first started using it. Could it be that it's old? Maybe my hair has changed somehow. IDK. Maybe I'll add oil to it. I'd hate to just throw it out. I paid money for it and I'm a cheapie. LOL.

plainj said:
I didn't know that a serum was a liquid wax. Interesting. I'm using Redken heat glide. It's about 2 yrs old. I didn't seem to have a problem with it when I first started using it. Could it be that it's old? Maybe my hair has changed somehow. IDK. Maybe I'll add oil to it. I'd hate to just throw it out. I paid money for it and I'm a cheapie. LOL.

Chances are it prolly IS old. Just cause you bought it 2 years ago, you never know how long it was sitting on the shelf where you bought it. Prolly adds another 2 years to that.

PS: Polishers ARE serums.

Back