need help with dry scalp

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
I love, love, love Dominican blowouts, but I think all of that heat is drying out my scalp. I have a lot of flaking going on in a 3 sq inch section right above my forehead. NOT a good place to flake! I've begun oiling that section with kemi oyl. I think the next time I get a blowout I will have them oil/moisturize my scalp after they take the rollers out (before the blowdry session) but what should I use on my scalp? Something medicated? Continue with the kemi? Some type of scalp treatment? Decisions, decisions...

I am not sure it you want them to oil the scalp BEFORE the blow-out...heating that oil may not be good.:cry2: Maybe AFTER they blow-out to add the oil to the scalp.

As for what to use...I think the Kemi oyl is good. I personally use something heavier (castor oil with essential oils mixed in it). You may also want to try a medicated shampoo before your regulars. When I start seeing flakes too much I will use my tea tree oil shampoo before i use my regular shampoo and conditioner. So I shampoo once with the tea tree one and then once with my regular one.

HTH

try aveda scalp remedy. you or your stylist could apply it after you rinse out your conditioner/before setting products. it's an awesome product and it comes with a dropper-like applicator.

KAddy said:
I am not sure it you want them to oil the scalp BEFORE the blow-out...heating that oil may not be good.:cry2: Maybe AFTER they blow-out to add the oil to the scalp.

EXCELLENT POINT!!!

Back